Strange yoyos

Pads are probably worn, or the string is thin or old.

Well, the MP3 player BIST yoyo comes to mind, as well as the speaker. The Ice bearing yoyo.

EVERY BIST IS THE MOST UNUSUAL

The superwide is strange.

Ice bearing yoyo??? I would like to see a picture of this could you find one?

ice bearing yoyo? Is that exactly what it sounds like? a yoyo with a bearing made of ice? o.o

If a bearing is made of ice will it have never less friction than a metal bearing?

The yo-yo was made of ice, not the bearing. There’s a video of it out there.

Ice is a terrible building material, and is an even worse precision building material. It would be practically impossible to make a bearing from ice.

The SPYY Pure is pretty strange, if you ask me:

Some of the Hspin Envy line are pretty bizarre looking too.

did SPYY ever explain how they pulled off the pure?

If they did, I never caught it, but I’d be very interested to find out.

Pretty sure I read that they were machined, then the caps were ultrasonic welded, and then the yoyo was re-machined. Makes perfect sense to me, but I can’t find specifically where that info is.

Nah, I know how the were actually made.
Magic.

I found the ice yoyo. Leave it to mr. bist…

The Superwide is indeed pretty strange! But fun. And yes, I found the response a bit slippy, too.

There was no welding involved. The caps were simply press fit to the bodies and then machined over to hide where the two met. When asked about the yo-yo pictured earlier that has been cut to show the cross section, Steve said that it was just easier for him to throw a yo-yo half on a bandsaw than to render a decent model.

Has anyone looked up the delta yet? It’s half yoyo and half spin top.

I actually own a [YO]2 Delta. It quite possibly is my personal lack of advanced skill, but I have found 50% yo-yo + 50% spin top adds up to owning about 30% of either one.

Ahhaa thats a perfect description!

Ilyy pybit