Stingy loser wants a yoyo

I thought it would be a good idea to [use] a small survey [other] people can use to make it a lot easier to [get] recommend[ed] throws. I feel that this will be a lot more informative, and the more experienced throwers will have more information to give their insights. Please [post] if you have any input with this, and I will be sure to [thank you]. Here we go!

-Do you know how to bind the yoyo? yes

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much? Describe every detail. Eg. what kind of friction stickers you are using, cleaned bearing or not, and so on.

not really, but my dm2 never really worked so im sorta wary of one and sad too

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo? Answer it by saying like the shape similar to this or that yoyo. Some people just hopping into the yoyo groove haven’t tried all the shapes and want to explore. When this happens its all about experimenting. Please try new yoyos at contests or anywhere you can get ahold of someone for those of you in this situation. The more yos you try the less likely you are going to order something you don’t like. for those of you who live in a cave. then buy a yoyo and live with it.

i prefer the “wing” shape. helps me with tricks, I’ve found

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution? Answer it saying similar to this or that yoyo.

no

-Do you have a price range?

>
<50, preferably <30 especially with diminishing returns and all. 15.99 sounds good to me but I’m willing to live big.

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down? List them.

no

-Do you prefer a certain brand?

no

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style? Like looping, off string, freehand, etc.

1a

-Do you prefer a certain response system?

no

-Do you want hubsstacks or z stacks?

no

-What trick are you currently working on?

suicide

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good?

decent

The Replay pro is a very cheap option, and a fantastically performing yoyo.  You can kinda grind with it, but being made out of plastic it isn’t really the best for it.

1 Like

Thanks, I was checking it out and it seems to be popular. Is it much worse than the protostar? Half the price iirc.

Its good not hyped. Get a 2 hot or Czech point. But with small budget replay or premier.

1 Like

Sorry, by hyped I meant popular. I’ve heard great things about it. I’ll check out the premier as well, thanks :slight_smile:

Considering how old the Protostar is, i wouldn’t be suprised at all if the Replay Pro was equally good or even better, really… :slight_smile:

(I haven’t played the Replay Pro, though)

1 Like

Protostar seems to play more consistently whereas the Replay Pro can play from smooth to vibey pretty easily between yoyos.

That said, the Protostar plays better but at less than half the price, you can’t go wrong with a Replay Pro either.

1 Like

Oh, okey then :stuck_out_tongue:

get a colossus for 30 from billybobs

1 Like

They’re very similar in terms of performance. The Replay pro spins a bit longer though, and the protostar can move a bit faster. If you don’t like spending money, the Reply is probably your best option. It’ll be able to perform any trick in the book.

1 Like