Split Bottom Revolutions (actually called whirlybird, I thought I made it up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu_G3Zvh17U

Just a trick I thought looked nice and I wanted to share. Sorry about how horrible the quality is. Basically all you do to do the trick is throw a split bottom mount, pinch the top string, and do revolutions.

EDIT: Well, this is already a trick called whirlybird, so I guess I didn’t make up a trick… Haha.

I’ve seen that before

It’s called Whirlybird.

Oh, sorry. And I thought I made a trick up, haha. Sorry about that…

Sorry, double post.

I would still call that “discovery” an accomplishment. So somebody else stumbled across it first and gave it a name. That doesn’t take away from the fact that you saw an opportunity in a trick, tested it, and came up with a new result that sprang forth from your own creativity and insight.

It shows that you’re interested in really understanding the things you can do from different positions, which is more than I can say for myself… I tend to just learn tricks as prescribed. I admire your ability and willingness to try new (to yourself!) stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks, that really means a lot.

OK its bugging me, where is this song from?

It’s called Ecstacy of Gold by L’estasi Dell’oro and it’s from the movie The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

That kind of happened to me as well. I thought that throwing a forward pass into string tricks/unresponsive play was a new way to throw but it turns out Mickey and a few others that compete in contests use this method as well (but I’m not sure there’s a name for it; it doesn’t matter anyway.) ;D

You did the trick, that’s all that matters. ;D