Spirit Bomb: Milestone Trick

Yo! I think a really charming aspect of yoyo is that so many players all hit the same milestones and Jeff Longoria’s Spirit Bomb seems to be one of them. If you search spirit bomb here, there is post after post of people talking about it and being stoked they are landing it/ getting frustrated they can’t yet and working through it. That’s cool! So congrats to everyone for hitting this milestone and good luck to all working to get there (or not because that’s cool too!). Anyways here’s my Spirit Bomb and I wanna see everyones spirit bombs and hear some nice things about spirit bomb.

9 Likes

I just posted this already a couple days ago but here’s a combo with a version of spirit bomb in it

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrWSN8EJHQQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

3 Likes

That was dope still! Nice!

You just unlocked some memories for me. So I had gotten back into throwing quite some time ago (around 2010, break around 2013/threw very sporadic) but fell into the beginner rut where I didn’t know where to go next. Around 2014 I needed to find something to learn on as my repertoire was getting rather dull. I thought that Spirit Bomb would be a good one to learn as I already knew how to do a wrist mount. Man did I run into some snags but it felt great when I finally landed it. Had a ton of help from several users on here back in the day. Fun trick today, and definitely still a tough one getting that second hop to line up.

3 Likes

This is super cute and I’m so glad the forums exist to help people connect and crush tricks! It’s cool that these forums are still here because so many of the Yoyo spaces from back then are gone now.

This video has a few tries of me trying to do Spirit Bomb and bombing it. I finally land it at about 4 minutes, right at the end of the video.

Ivan

3 Likes

Hah! Nice ! That was sick I’ve never tried playing while sitting like that and now I want to try! Thanks for sharing this!

GTDK (Henry)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Crd6YENpKvA/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Started throwing a while ago (2013-ish) and spirit bomb was one of my old favorites. Obviously the details have been changed a bit on this one since then, but a riff on one of my first combo things i was doing back then.

1 Like

Hah! That was awesome! Thanks for sharing this!

Edit because I realized I repeated myself but I’m stoked that this was the first post you’ve made here in 5 years (because it says that) and I’m happy this idea is resonating with people…I just think yoyo is so fun and interesting!

1 Like