Speed Beetle Spacer Removal

This is my brothers yoyo, I asked to borrow it from him to see about starting 2a but I found he had placed the spacers in backwards. I managed to get the first one off but the second one is on the axle side, axle being the bolt type that is permanently attached to the yoyo. I am at a loss as to how the spacer or axle might be removed, and none of the techniques I used before will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the side I fixed:

3 Likes

magnet? or very powerful tape or hot glue wud do the trick i think

1 Like

I used tape when I had the same issue. Unscrewing the cap may also let you get the axel out, then you can pry it out like you would a bearing.

1 Like

Did you ever manage to fix this?

No, I tried tape but I don’t think it was sticky enough, and I’m reluctant to try removing the axle on a yoyo that isn’t mine. Will try gorilla tape if I can find any and have time. (I’m going to be living on a farm for 3 months and am leaving tomorrow)

2 Likes

super glue the smallest dap onto the spacer then place a popsicle stick (or spare string) and wait 4 it to dry

1 Like

Easy fix: Unscrew those 2 screws to release the cap. Push down on the axle out to pop the cap off and remove the axle. Then it should be easy to get the spacer out.

3 Likes