Speculation: Pewdiepie may be at the world yoyo contest 2023 and cause another small yoyo boom

Pewdiepie, one of youtubes most popular content creators, has caused a small yoyo boom in 2020 when he uploaded a yoyo related video. Yoyоtricks owner Adam Bottiglia said in a livestream that after Pewdiepie made a yoyo video there was a world wide increase in yoyo sales for four to five weeks (source: Adam Shares YoTricks’ History - answers your questions - YouTube at 30:22).

I just learned that Pewdiepie has moved to Japan so there is a chance that maybe he will make a video about the world yoyo contest 2023 in Japan. It would definitely be a good opportunity for him to make an interesting video. If he would be at the world yoyo contest and do a video he would cause another small yoyo boom, the world yoyo contest would get more attention and we would have an influx of new yoyoplayers.

6 Likes

Quite the assumption to make that just because he will be living in japan during that time, that he might make a video about it…

3 Likes

I seriously doubt that he’ll do that…but if so. Nice.

1 Like

who is pewter pies?

4 Likes

Self-promoter. Sounds disparaging, but truth.

1 Like

Who’s that guy? Never heard of him :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

if it does or doesn’t create another yoyo boom i don’t care. Yoyo isn’t about cashing in for me, but it is for him and I have a hard time respecting it.

1 Like

I haven’t ever seen or even been recommended a video on YouTube by Pewdiepie. And I watch a lot of Youtube. If he does a video on WYYC hopefully it’ll pop up here if it’s any good because I doubt that it’ll pop up in my feed.

As far as this guy cashing in on the Yoyo scene, I don’t have a problem with that. I mean as a content creator it’s kind of his living and if it enriches our hobby with more interest from people then that’s a win for all of us.
For example, one could say that YYE is also “cashing in” on the Yoyo market by selling them but that’s healthy business practice, and without it they couldn’t provide this awesome forum. It’s unreasonable to expect anyone to provide services for free in my opinion, whether it be a vendor of tangible goods or online entertainment.

Ivan

5 Likes