SONiC WAVE by iYOYO - Polycarbonate with Curved Inner Ring!

SonicWave_Feature
The iYOYO SONiC WAVE yo-yo holds a unique status, undergoing more prototypes than most in the iYOYO lineup. They meticulously experimented with shape, weight, and weight distribution to perfect its design. The SONiC WAVE caters to fans of both the “slim” iCEBERG CLASSiC and its wider counterpart, skillfully bridging the gap between the two.

Red-Silver-Ring-Silver-Hub-Sonic-Wave Red-Silver-Ring-Silver-Hub-Sonic-Wave-02 Red-Silver-Ring-Silver-Hub-Sonic-Wave-03

Drawing inspiration from the Shockwave, one of iYoYo’s favorite YYJ throws, the curved inner ring achieves a stable yet dynamic weight distribution. Of course, finger-spin hubs have been incorporated for throwers to do the DNA!

NEW RELEASESONiC WAVE This yoyo is quite a special one. I believe it has seen more prototypes than pretty much any other of our YoYos. We played with shape, weight, weight distribution - we wanted to nail i…

iYoYo introduces a more elaborate logo while ensuring a pristine version in red for those who prefer minimal artwork. Artwork was created by Daniel Ehrlich (xdudeofdeath on Instagram)

12 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what people think of this one. Looks so cool.

3 Likes

This puts me in mind of a hybrid Yoyofactory Turntable 2.0 without the ridges. Would love to see it in action and I really hope they’ll do different colours in the future (Like red with black rings)

2 Likes

Hmmm looks cool! I like the graphics !

1 Like

Hmmm… Looks a bit off.

3 Likes

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

I hope the Sonic wave is not referred to the noise of the yoyo, sometimes those hybrids have the same sound of a F1 engine during playing lmao

Oh man. I love the design but the colours with that logo… just not my thing.

Preferences are so interesting. I actually really like everything about the logo.

3 Likes

The red colorway doesnt have the logo on it

1 Like

Yeah i saw. But I don’t like the red. Blue or green with no logo and silver rings or a smaller logo would do for me.

1 Like

It reminds me of 80s Santa Cruz skateboard designs. I quite like it, it kind of screams fun to me, like it doesn’t take itself too serious.

3 Likes

I’m with you I’m digging the logo

2 Likes

It might grow on me…I don’t know yet. Sometimes the first time you see something it’s so out of your comfort zone that you have to reconcile that a little.

Pretty sure I’ll buy one eventually though.

I like the logo too, its different. Kinda reminds me of the band the misfits logo. I aint a fan of the red colorway of the non-logo version. That red is just kinda meh in my opinion. Cant decide if I like the light green/yellowish one or blue more. The light green with black rim reminds me of my old yomega saber wing like my profile picture, I’d probably go with that one. Waiting to hear what people think of it. I been trying to decide which hybrid I want.

1 Like

you might possibly remove those logos using acetone nail remover

Acetone on plastics…always a good idea.

Have to say the more I look at it the more it grows on me.

2 Likes

You’re right, its the Misfits logo i was thinking of,not Santa Cruz, good call.

Edit - I had skateboard wheels back in the late 80s called Slimeballs and the font and colours were really similar to these yoyos, apparently they were made by Santa Cruz. This yoyo has an 80s California punk vibe for sure. I was neither a punk or a Californian!

2 Likes

Some SONiC WAVE lovin :heart: - the sounds of this yo-yo are VERY satisfying! :slight_smile:

Slacks and whips were made possible by YoYoStringLab: KA-POW!

14 Likes

Nice.

1 Like