Some Yuuki Spencer tricks

Before the world ends I thought it was high time I document and share what I know of my favorite yoyoer’s tricks. Any suggestions for the next Yuuki stuff I should learn?

Not all of these have real names…

1. Double or nothing trick
  2. 1.5 mount repeater
  3. Cowabunga (note: forgot the ending)
  4. Yuuki slack
  5. Soiled Panties
  6. Classic Yuuki concept (magic drop thing)
  7. Tech combo
12 Likes

Nice selection of tricks! Back like 10-12 years ago Yuuki was my favorite player of all time. I broke down and learned a lot of his older tricks from like the 03-09 era. He was and is a very big influence on my style. Most of what I’m suggesting is his older stuff. I’m not as familiar with his newer stuff since I don’t really keep up with yoyo stuff as much as I used to.

A good one to learn is the first one from the Yuuki = god video, around 0:25.

The front style trick around 0:44 is also good. He messes up slightly, but I think you get the gist of what is going on.

And pretty much everything in his bac 04 freestyle is worth trying to learn.

2 Likes

Thanks for those, I want to learn them both! I especially like that interesting tech frontstyle trick. What I’ve learned so far is with tutorials but maybe this can get me motivated to put in the work to dissect tricks from Yuuki’s freestyles.

Of course Yuuki is not visibly active these days but when I was getting into yoyoing he set the bar for creativity + contest performance. Still the GOAT to me.

Trying to dial in Yuuki’s tricks has been a really good exercise that I’ll probably continue. Onwards towards dissecting tricks from his freestyles…!

1 Like

I’ve learned classic concepts, and it’s one of my go-to tricks. The rest of these look really fun too. Nice video, dude :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks my man! Classic concepts is one of my go-to tricks as well, it’s really satisfying.

1 Like

Cowabunga dudes?

2 Likes

That’s it! A real lol for that one… Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

1 Like