Some string I made... (Silk string on Page 2)

I laughed when I saw that my thread was pretty much ninja’d.
Anyways, these are 100% silk. Play somewhat rougher than kitty string. Very whippy…but the best part is the “I’m richer than you because I use silk yoyo string” feeling. It’s ridiculously expensive…something like $5(or $10, i forgot) for a spool of 100 yards. I made about 4 strings with my white silk thread and it was used up. Pretty intense.

EDIT: Since you guys were talking about metallic thread, I’ll take out my old spool of golden thread and give it another try. I remember it as breaking easily and being EXTREMELY rough. Here we go…

OMG thats friken great! 4 parts silk thread, 3 parts metallic and 3 parts poly. I cant wait to try this.
Sorry about ninja’d thread. I was super stoked about the metallic stuff. Where did you get the silk thread? I will get some this weekend

That’s fine. When I actually start getting testers/selling string, I’ll make my own topic in Manufacturer News. I get the silk from Joann’s…They’re in small spools.

It comes in a blue spool…looks like white in the pic.

EDIT: So, I tried metallic thread. Not as bad as I expected, but still a bit rough. I tried 2-5 Metallic/Poly, and the sheen did not show up very well. But it works well…it looks cool but plays about average.

I also tried trilobal polyester/poly mix. It’s quite similar to Toxic Strings, however, the normal poly feels more wooly compared to Toxic Strings…It looks almost exactly the same, though, so I am going to tinker with different brands to try to find a match. If I do, I am going to keep the mixture a secret, though, in respect to Toxic. So don’t get too hyped.

Top is the Metallic Mix, bottom is the Trilobal Mix.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

I’m going to start making strings again it’s been too long…

Time to try to find the sweet spot with a Poly Rayon blend.

Great! It makes for quite interesting string…I find that more polyester than rayon is a good starting point.