So how about that stock market?

ohh look.

I’m so disconnected from whats going on in the markets nowadays when i worked in that sector i knew enough to have some educated guesses but at this point i know nothing of value.

1 Like

Not enough movement to adjust from my norm

1 Like

I’m holding a piece short for some follow through. Looking for SPY to punch thru 500 at least and fill the gap from late Feb. :crossed_fingers:

Love it when a plan comes together!

:thinking:SPY Bounce to 513 before the next leg down?

Not a
Game I’m interested in stressing on haha

1 Like

For the ‘older’ folks here, did you have an ominous feeling leading up to the '08 crash? Could you sense something was coming?

I’m not actively managing any of my accounts, just letting my 401k do it’s thang. And assuming I don’t get laid off in the next few years (EVs have MASSIVELY missed sales targets, OEMs are hemorrhaging money on them), I think the ‘somewhat expected’ downswing just means I can pick up more shares at a ‘discount’.

Though I’m curious as to how people are diversifying. I feel as though I’m too vested in the market. I have some crypto, but I’m interested in tangible investments to fill in the gaps. Do I keep buying ammo? Precious metals? Beanie Babies?

1 Like

not really everything seemed fine till it wasn’t. honestly biggest thing is dont panic if something does happen leave your assets where they are and hunker down through the storm.

1 Like

Real Estate is the greatest investment I’ve ever made. Can be used as leverage for other investments as well. I did load up on physical gold and silver about 8-10 yrs ago and that has done ok as well. Peace of mind having a safe full of gold and silver coins too.

1 Like

As a swing trader this is how i play the game.

The stock market averages returns over long periods because as one market declines others expand. So consistent investing has been the key forever.

Until it’s not. I’m hoping it continues to workout over the long run. My eggs are in that basket.

I’m most worried that about the US dollar and current politics. I don’t want to get into that and we shouldn’t here. But I do think the next financial crisis for the US is going to based around that. I don’t know if gold or BTC is the proper hedge. I think it’s silly not to have some of both if you have a built up retirement account now.

1 Like

I want some land to build a driving range on. It’s my retirement plan.

2 Likes

solid plan,

As for investing i’m super conservative with my assets. Working in finance for some time I had a good bit of restrictions on my own finances and how i could move and manage my assets so at this point i’m a set it and forget it person. its just easier and less heartburn in the long run. generally, the market usually recovers and gets stronger over time so thats what i bet on every time. seems to have worked okay so far.

I could see you building a Top Golf. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Honestly this is the thread for it (unless you meant the red-blue lever and in that case I agree). Considering that 80% of all dollars in circulation have been printed since 2020 and BRICS seem increasingly imminent, it seems very likely the dollar is going to crash (without some serious money-mancy from the lovely fellows at the “Federal” Reserve).

1 Like

This also what I’m looking at, but housing/land prices near me are absolutely insane. And current interest rates make me queasy. Do I buy 10 acres in the middle of nowhere and sit on it?

1 Like

I think there are powers that want to devalue our money to use that need, to push more government into more areas.

This is exactly what I did.
Buy enough that you can get a conservation tax exemption. We bought 22 acres about 10 yrs ago and tax is only 200$ per year. You can still build house on up to 1.5 acres and gift 5 acres to family. You can also lease it for hunting or even harvest trees so long as you replant.

3 Likes

If I’ve learned anything it’s that perception is more reality than the truth. As long as people are willing to believe the US economy is strong then it will remain strong. The moment that is no longer the case is when we are in big trouble.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s gonna get into a debate this forum isn’t very good at dealing with. Best to take that to the discord or in person at a contest.

Buy the dip he says

2 Likes