So how about that stock market?

I’m putting my money into chicken and beef stock. As many cartons that can fit in the pantry.

5 Likes

The Federal Reserve just confirmed to the world that American workers would not be permitted to receive any salary increases beyond 2% a year. Any more is “inflationary”.

If workers are not going to be sharing in the record level of corporate profits through salary increases; then those profits will be “returned to the shareholder” in the form of dividends, buybacks or a combination of both. Either way - stocks are where American corporate profits are going. Draw your own conclusions.

The American dollar is backed by the Federal Reserve and the rule of law. Until those factors are undermined for foreign investors; it is hard to see the dollar collapsing.

5 Likes

Time to buys some calls on Tesla yet? It’s pretty beat down at this point.

Idk man Tesla has been over valued for years. I get it’s the perception is reality thing at play but it’s boarder line a meme stock in my opinion with how far the fundamentals are from its value.

Then again most tech and start up like companies are severely over valued and living on hopes and dreams instead of reality.

1 Like

Hence my 4/19 160C will pay off bigly!

2 Likes

160 by 4/26 maybe?

1 Like

One of the few solo stocks I buy outside of my dividend account

1 Like

TSLA earnings after close today! :face_with_peeking_eye:
EPS estimate is low. Easy beat? I normally don’t gamble earnings, but it’s tempting.

Something to keep in mind.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/19/business/tesla-cybertruck-recall/index.html

3 Likes

I love how the front trunk has no sensors on the cyber truck it can just crush appendages at a whim. I smell a lofty lawsuit coming to Tesla for that one if the recall doesn’t come for that first

Don’t think the recall from a few days ago will play into last quarters earnings though.

Reality doesn’t play into what the Tesla stock does.

3 Likes

My reality is I’m in at 142 and have already moved stop to break even. # Let it ride. :racing_car: :racing_car: :racing_car:

1 Like

Earnings miss and it’s up big after hours? :man_shrugging:

I think the new hype is about Tesla announcing they would bring the introduction of new models forward. Apparently investors believe that as soon as Tesla announces a new model; new electric car consumers will emerge from the woodwork and snap them up.

1 Like

It also seemed like they were planning on investing a lot more into the other parts of the business that is about more than just selling cars. They mentioned the charging infrastructure, AI development, auto taxi, licensing their tech, etc. Kind of makes the business model more appealing than just a car manufacturer maybe?

How many buttons can they push?

1. $25,000 mass consumer model
  2. Electric Semi-Trucks
  3. Sports Car model
  4. Solar Cells/Charging
  5. Robo-Taxis/autonomous
  6. Self-driving cars/Robots
  7. AI development
  8. New, unspecified models at unknown price-point; with no technical specs.

What next? No; don’t tell me…

2 Likes

Yoyo manufacturing on deck and they going to Mars too.

4 Likes

Are they just pretending the Roadster never existed at this point?

1 Like

I can see the board room now. The investor asks what about the roadster and some executive chimes in “ the roadster was an early model not representative of todays sports car needs nor the Tesla brand today” and everyone else in the room nodding in agreement.

I wasn’t there but I can picture the scene perfectly and would bet money on how close I am to what happened

1 Like