SlimTember Challenge

Wish I had cool stuff hiding in my desk drawers. Love rubber rims. Seems like this should be more common in starter yoyos.

2 Likes

Wooden axel… cotten string… do not forget to change your string OFTEN!

10 Likes

Gonna try some stalls with this today, pre-duncan, factory two tone. ’

member?

10 Likes

Retic Asp MFD Fat string

9 Likes

To flip or not to flip…i will never learn… regardless its Deff a fun Repeater that fits nicely into any 0A/ responsive combo. And I’m glad i was able to post my first combo with my office proyo. Thank you @Exmime.

Bro Zines Repeater

6 Likes

Finishing out Slimtember on the Survivalist.

9 Likes

Do you have to regen out of the bro stall really hard? I can land the first repetition off a breakaway but I usually can’t make it over hop the fence after the bro stall because the throw stops spinning.

1 Like

Me too! Also a Ditch with a full ceramic bearing because life without absurdity is no life at all.

12 Likes

At first i thought so cause my power was not great… but like other stalls i find its just a matter of practice. If the bro stall “stalls properly” so the strings are relatily snuggly wound up i think your bro regen will work out.
Took me about an hour to get the touch consistent… probably another week or 2 before it’s smooth.

In general i find with 0A and responsive the harder i throw the less likely i land the stall. Gently firm throws and regens seem to work well for me.

1 Like

Swapping to the Loop 720 (from the Survivalist) helped a lot on this one.

11 Likes

Whoa! What is that awesome Spinworthy yoyo? Mixed materials?

2 Likes

Confusion and Legend Wing

I had a lot of fun and really got to appreciate the subtle and drastic differences of each yoyo,this was great thank you all.

6 Likes

Thank you everyone that joined the SlImTemBer train. I think we might have started a new yearly tradition. Enjoy whatever you throw next​:wink::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

It’s a one-off Survivalist I got Glen to make for me. I believe it is two materials, since he didn’t have black and white in the same plastic. A bunch of letters mashed together that don’t mean anything to me. HDMFPE and HLULZDPE or some such nonsense. I just think it looks super cool, goes with the string, and keeps me honest on regens.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing this repeater @AKYOYOMIKE and thanks @mable for showing him and @Exmime for making it. Learning this today was really fun! It’s an element I’ll definitely use a lot.

3 Likes

Looks like plastic and aluminum (or some other metal), which looks much cooler than white and black plastic, though not sure how he could get the sides and weights to match. Sounds like you got yourself a gem!

2 Likes