Slick ways to get into tricks!

I know all of you have that certain way that you like to get into tricks from a throw (meaning, not from another trick), so why don’t you share them with us!

Off the top of my head:

1. Houdini Mount
  2. Drop into trapeze as yo-yo lands in Houdini Mount (some might call this a Houdini Catch)
  3. Proceed with Skin the Gerbil!
1 Like

I like doing a double or nothing, but landing on the middle string, then dropping your right hand. It ends up in a trapeze, then I proceed with the matrix.

1. trapeze
  2. brother mount
  3. houdini mount to trapeze
  4. any green triangle
  5. bind

I like throwing a breakaway as if i was going to land a trapese, but instead, i let the yoyo swing all the way back and as it reaches it’s peak on the swing to the right hand side, I use my non throw hand pointer finger to pull from over my throw hand but underneath the string until it lands in a trapese.
It looks like it will end up as a backwards trapese, but it’s not.

One neat thing I’ve been doing is: 1.5 mount, but drop left hand; swing around a bunch of times, shoot out into horizontal/sideways eli hops. From there you can hop into an under mount or reverse trapeze, and then you can lead into all kinds of different combos.

well i like doing counter lac into a wrist mount. thats about all i can think of haha

My trick Round Robbin: (first part can be a way to get into stuff)

1: Houdini

2: Pop onto the back string and drop thrumb

3: Flip over to the right like in Kamakaze

4: Double up on your left/nonthrowhand

5: Drop your dominant hands pointer

6: Flip back over and do a flipy thingy

7: Skin the gerbil

(the rest of the trick)

8: Flip around your finger and the string around your arm 2 times and go around your head.

9: Do warning line

10: Flip out of trapeze and under doing an upside down trapeze

11: Do a flipy thingy really fast and let the momentum do an around the world and into a cross arm backward GT.

Here is a video of me doing the trick. It is the first trick in the video. (not counting walk the dog on the dog lol!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVlPsTtTWis

DO a flippy thing, I laughed at that.