Silicone to a counterweight? (solved)

can i make a silicone to a counterweight?
what i have:
ice cube mold
silicone sealant
needle

does it work?

brilliant

why did i do that:
can’t afford another 6 rapid balls
silicone hurts less
destroyed 6 rapid balls (well, b grades are bad)

How did you destroy six rapid balls?

This is the million dollar question. I have some counter weights that are in good shape that I’ve had for close to 10 years.

im doing drop tricks that i’m learning. (took me 6 years to perfect)

I must see them :eyes: :eyes: do you have a video?

Before the incident

And to answer your question:
I don’t know I didn’t try it but google tells me that the density of silicone sealant is 1.2g/cm^3. With a density like this you can make reasonably sized counterweights (a die with 2 cm long edges and this density would weigh around 10.8 grams)

Do you have a video of the trick? Or can you explain what’s going on in your drop tricks? I’m very curious

I don’t know if you are set on using silicon, but I made a counterweight by drilling a hole in a bouncy ball. I didn’t have a drill on hand so I just used a screwdriver and force.

1 Like

It can. If your ice cube mold is made of silicone you will have to use a mold release agent, otherwise it will stick and you’ll never get it out. Silicone binds to silicone. I would use a straw or maybe a pencil or something else a little larger instead of a needle. The hole would be too small if you used a needle.

Your sealant needs to be 100% silicone with zero additives like mold / mildew inhibitors and what not. There’s many ways to make a mold with this stuff. The easiest is to dump the wad into a vat of water and mix it until it forms a ball and then you can stuff it into your mold. Sometimes adding a little dish soap can help it bind together. You can also use cornstarch to create a moldable putty but it’s super, super. messy and stinky. But it works. I’ve made quite a few makeshift molds this way for other projects and it’s worked out quite well.

2 Likes