Show your top video!

My coworker shot me throwing a boomerang and doing an arm walk this morning. He had no idea I was gonna pitch the top back to my hand, so excuse the brief out of frame.

4 Likes

Nice arm walker! I always had trouble with that trick, maybe because I got arms like Olive Oyl?

2 Likes

Thanks!
I definitely feel like I had a 1 up on the learning curve for that(thankfully). Contact Juggling skills contributed greatly.
Now to figure out how to finish wirewalker. I can get on the ride and cross, but am having trouble getting back off.

2 Likes

That’s the easy part, straighten your arm out quicker and it will hop it up to your hand.

2 Likes

The hop back on the arm walk is no problem :+1:

It’s getting the top out of a wirewalk that’s tripping me up. I can tell it’s the string pressure, I’m getting closer.

Gerardo kinda bounces it off his fingers or thumb, but on a lighter top you can just kind of hop it off while you let the string slack, or if you tip your catch hand enough you can catch it still in the string loop, then slack the string and hop it out.

4 Likes

This is a pretty good list of classic tricks. There are tons of new tricks over the past few years.
Watch Chris’s shirt transform with the magic of cinema, then dust off your Bearing King and ding up some furniture.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Such a cool trick.

3 Likes

Ta0 has a link to this on his spin top forum, it’s amazing.

5 Likes

Incredible!!! So action packed- like caffeinated top spinning.

I bet he juggles cigar boxes like a champ.

3 Likes

Here’s me doing that trick on a “Western?” spin top.

Not sure if that worked? If it did, the kids were excited because I hit it three times in a row. The teacher of my son’s class wanted to video it, and I’d already done it twice.

I agree, a fantastic video!

I had the idea to juggle tops a long time ago, and I was trying to keep it on my foot like he did. I didn’t persevere tho…

4 Likes

This should go here too: Stunt Helicopter - Spin Top Trick - YouTube

3 Likes

The YouTube channel this is from has some basic Koma instructional vids that are pretty good! If you are wanting an introduction to Japanese spin tops, here it is.

3 Likes

Koma is a really fun top. I suggest trying one of you haven’t.

And if anyone is interested I just listed these on the BST.

3 Likes

This instagram account is amazing. Anyone interested in koma tops should check it out.
Jun_spintop_s

5 Likes

People have mixed feelings about this video because it would be almost impossible to stick with tops long enough to learn these tricks with an Imperial top, but I think it’s fun to revisit the runt of the Duncan line up to try some expert tricks.

3 Likes
2 Likes

This YouTube channel has some great instructions. This trick is really fun to try. I got about 5 in a row this afternoon. Tried it with various tops, it makes a huge difference in how it feels.

2 Likes