Show some wooden yoyos you've made

Keen for this. Since that JB proto I just made, I’m interested in something a little heavier with very high walls.

6 Likes

Birds eye maple imperial. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ohh a nice bloodcell shaped looper would be nice

6 Likes

oversize rbc

1 Like

If I can get out to the shop today, I will make a Harbinger for @dnspens, and two more bloodcells.

The reason Ive been able to make a lot is because I’ve been on holidays this week.

11 Likes

You’re getting maple, walnut, golden wattle and Tasmanian Blackwood.

14 Likes

If your so inspired. Golden Wattle in the Boomer Yoyo I suggested above…

3 Likes

Made a blackwood Urchin, a walnut Bloodcell a YYBC proto and a golden wattle Harbinger.

25 Likes

I’m refreshing the BST page. The walnut bloodcell is gorgeous.

2 Likes

On one hand good timing it’s pay day for most two week pay period folks. Bad news for me I’ve already pledged my paycheck to bills and things I’ve already commited to. Whoever is getting these is lucky. Amazing looking work there Glen

5 Likes

It’s so nice seeing you turn them out again! Love them all!!

6 Likes

I am interested in the walnut bloodcell. Very interested. I think, in terms of fairness, that someone else may be more deserving, but I would really appreciate your keeping me in mind for a similar. Thanks, archiesdad

1 Like

I may be able to make one or two bloodcells on Sunday. Keep a look out.

6 Likes

Will do. Thanks!

Have you ever made a responsive bearing wooden yoyo? Unsure if the cabal guts allow for a lubed up slim C and if you have approached that with one of your iconic responsive designs

4 Likes

The Cabal guts will take a slim C.

4 Likes

Eric with Wildwood posted a project he was working on several months ago. MR85 system he designed in a wood throw.

Havent seen any updates on it recently.

6 Likes

Ohh yeah I would love a wildwoods bearing YoYo. I know Eric has been busy and all but can’t wait to see his stuff kick off again.

2 Likes

Made an inverse round inspired by @Skip 's signature throw, the Werrd Poo. Budgeroo and Huon laminate, 8mm Grandis axle and 6 hole response. Started making string too, this is 6ply hemp lefty.
57mm x 32.5mm x 49g

Cotton strings, spun by hand. Fades are too much hassle to make without a rig and a power drill, but colour swaps, candy canes and blends are easy enough.

23 Likes

Such beautiful work. The artistic craftsmanship are superb. I particularly like the throw in the second photo.

Incredible work!

2 Likes