Show Off Your YoyoExpert Edition Throws!!

Wow!! Gimme…what is it? ^ :slight_smile:

Macrocosm i believe

Yup!

Wow, I saw the Macrocosm release, but I didn’t look good enough to spot there was a YYE Edition. It’s simple, but I like it. I like black throws anyway, and the red ring with the big logo dead center really makes it “pop.” I have to add it to the list. I just bought a nice case from mgiroux77. I’m going to use it to store the YYE Editions. With all these new releases, I’ll need more than one case…a good thing.

Thanks yoyokid’.

^ Very nice, definitely have all the colors on the grind machine, mosquito and Legacy. Looks Like you enjoy red throws. I’m going to get that grind machine now, and sell the black/green one I have. Yours is way better!

What’s funny is I actually don’t like the color red on yoyos.

I’m not a fan of solid red myself, but within the colorways, it’s a smaller dose. The black and white or silver provides some balance. I only have one solid red in my collection, that I can think of, a DV888. I bought it because it was awfully cheap.

Pics of the Avalanche.

Nice!!!

LOVE that Avalanche!!!

Yes! The Avalanche is really well done, and yours is especially magnificent!

It’s nice but I think the splash is a little to heavy

things look different in person, and I trust your perspective… I think it looks camouflage-y, certainly different than the others in the YYE edition line… I will need to see one in real life someday…

I think the Avalanche is one of the best looking for those reasons. It has a camouflage look, but given the color scheme, it looks sharp and bold. I’m a fan of the new heavy splashes too. How many of the same look of these three colors in a splash do we need anyway? :-\ I like the change, as the new look inspires me to continue collecting these. They sold out fast, so several of us found it a great look, and wow, what a great playing yo-yo too. :o

1 Like

Got the Yfactor a couple of days ago, a birthday present (From Myself) :slight_smile:

The black string on those YYE throws is Boss. But it’s hard to go wrong with YYE custom string, either! Here’s my Token which arrived today. First YYE Edition throw!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8344/8242811253_44927a32ab_c.jpg
C3 Token YYE 1 by gregpettit, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8486/8242812935_d98f6fc110_c.jpg
C3 Token YYE 2 by gregpettit, on Flickr

1 Like

^^^ Great pics there!!

Thanks! I’m pretty happy with the bottom one, but the top one could have been better. I was using a tripod, but with my finger on the camera button. The lack of sharpness taught me two things:

1. Use a slightly smaller aperture; depth-of-field techniques are nice, but people want to see the yoyo! Don’t make it TOO narrow!

2. If you’re going to go through the trouble of setting up a tripod, you should use an off-body trigger.

But that’s OK, it turned out alright. The second one I must’ve been holding the camera more steady because it had a smaller aperture (therefore slower shutter speed) and yet it came out beautifully!

Pics look great GregP. I think the YYE Edition Tokens may be out of stock now too, I’ll have to double check to be sure.

I have some updates to my collection. I acquired a YYE Edition Code 1 and Code 2 off the BST:

I also got this Macrocosm, which does not look as good in person, but it sure is photogenic:

Also, this Omnicron X is not a YYE Edition, but it is a “special edition” and advertised as black, silver and red. But, the black looks kinda purplish or bluish to me. That happens sometimes. Very nice looking yo-yo though:

I took a picture of the whole case so far, and it’s filling up, not many slots left:

Nice! One Drop did a good job with those YYE editions. I see what you mean about the “purple black”. Still, looks like a nice throw. :slight_smile: