Show off your yoyo collection

I’m not a Yo-Yo collector, but arguably I do have a Yo-Yo collection. The photo shows 3 of 4 categories of my “collection”.

In photo (All located in a single box in my home office closet)
Spares - Unopened extras or remnants of bulk buys for better price
Retired - True collection (Historic or event specific)
Regrets - Why did I buy these? Good news, in total, less than $50 investment

Not pictured
Regular Rotation - My workhorse throws. Scattered around the house or in vehicles.

Expecting a photo of Regular Rotation is kinda like getting a family reunion picture, not sure if I can get them all in the same room at the same time. Instead have chosen to feature them separately scattered in my other posts. Mimicking real life.

14 Likes

I know nothing about it other than it’s looks, but the Duncan Metal Racer looks cool. Why do you regret it?

1 Like

Finally got all of this setup after moving two years ago.

26 Likes

Love the gumball machine!!

5 Likes

Charlie, It’s a Metal Racer. I just never use it. It was an impulse buy. Was $7 at a discount store. Maybe I can use as a trainer if I ever attempt 5A.

Obviously, none of the “regrets” were horrible mistakes.

Metal Racer - Just don’t use it.
Shutter - Stole my rebel status. Can no longer claim to be only yo-yo enthusiast who has never owned one.
Merlin - Pure rookie mistake-I’m wiser now. “but I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now” - My Back Pages (Bob Dylan)

2 Likes

Just googled photos and it looks way crazier than I imagined. I was not expecting the chrome rim caps. From your photo I was expecting a more Alleycat profile as well.

1 Like

I proudly own almost 10. I don’t understand the stigma around the Shutter line! It’s such a good all around throw. Everyone is just jealous I guess. :slight_smile: Shutter-up everyone!!

@yyfben2.deactivated

6 Likes

Probably need to downsize soon

32 Likes

Na! You just need another window sill! I see you started a second layer. :+1:

5 Likes

Everything I own currently

27 Likes

24 Likes

My collection looks not good
when I compare to other replies😂

38 Likes

That’s a perfect amount of throws. As a person who owns 50-60 different throws I usually only play with 2 of them a day so no real point in owning them all.

9 Likes

No no no…. You’re doing it right. :).

You have some nice pieces in there.

4 Likes

Lies! Show off your collection! I know you’re hiding tons of gems

18 Likes

I can hold on to the ones you don’t throw! No worry. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks finely tuned and selective. Nice collection :ok_hand:

4 Likes

888s

33 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

I think when I get around to evaluate my collection. I just might do the retired / regret as well.

3 Likes