SF Yo-Yo Meetup (October 5th)

Hey y’all, we are doing a yo-yo meetup in Yerba Buena Gardens in San Francisco on Saturday October 5th at 3pm. I hope you can join us!

Let me know if you have any questions.

7 Likes

Is this an event for kids or adults?

It’s for everyone. We usually have a few kids (under 15) at these meet ups, but mostly see adults. We’d love having folks of all ages show up.

Thanks for letting me know. I also have a few more questions.
What usually happens during the event?
How long is the event?
Do you need to bring your own yoyo?
I will be there. Thanks for providing this. I has been a long time since I have found a Yoyo event near me.

Our meetups usually go for a few hours, so between 3-5 (sometimes later if the vibes are good). There’s no schedule, its mostly folks hanging out and showing each other tricks, or sometimes even trading yo-yos. It’s very casual. If you get bored or hungry, there’s plenty of food nearby and things to see. It’s BYOyoyo, I can bring some for sale if you are interested and I might have some you can borrow for the day if you like, but most folks bring their own yo-yos. The group is usually intermediate to advanced players, but we really welcome players of all skill levels.

Do you have a nine dragons yoyo I could buy there?

No, I have my own yo-yo company called Doc Pop’s Toys and Games, so those are the yo-yos I could bring for sale.

How many people do you think will come? Is this an event for 14-year-olds?

How many people do you think will come?

We usually have between 5 and 20 people per meetup. It’s gonna be a hot day in SF, so that might mean less yo-yoers than usual.

Is this an event for 14-year-olds?

This yo-yo club is for players of all ages, including 14 :slight_smile:

It should be fun!