Sengoku Shinobi in production

I think it looks horrible. Prolly sleeps for 10 seconds on a good throw.

Pretty darn ugly too.

Before you clowns make the biggest mistakes of your yo-yo purchasing lives, I am willing to buy the ENTIRE run of these rejects.

Just to save you guys from buyers remorse.

I’m that nice.

They are all B grades anyways but only because of the: ano flaws, vibe, wobble and loose rings.

3 Likes

You got me! Entire run sold to yoyodoc!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They’re beautiful. Can’t wait to ding one of them myself

1 Like

Well said

The question is… black or purple?!

3 Likes

Good question,

13 Likes

I’m usually a fan of purple yoyos… but that black looks crisp with those dual metals

1 Like

the raw version is just fire. Can’t wait to get my hands on one. I’ve never had the pleasure of using a throw that looks like this, the M shape I guess it’s called. Can’t wait to try something genuinely new (to me)

1 Like

I really like all four of the solid colorways. I can’t decide which one to get!

Can’t wait for this!!!

So will this yoyo be sold anywhere else?

I might get the red one immediately because it is a YYE exclusive (presumably) and won’t be available anywhere else. But if I like the Shinobi enough to want it in other color(s) and they are sold out here, where else might I look for it?

It’s so refreshing to see something truly creative come out of yoyo design. Interested to hear your thoughts on what this improves on over the tried-and-tired V shape? And in exchange what it gives up, if any?

1 Like

I believe that discussion began when the Samurai came out in 2019.

That’s a good point, I suppose I wasn’t really following yoyos closely then. What did I miss? Is it supposed to be a more maneuverable version of a V shaped yoyo?

It also looks like it would be so much harder to get A grades that are perfectly smooth with this design. I wonder if that’s true.

“So will this yoyo be sold anywhere else?”
I think YYE will have enough stock.
Besides YYE eclusive color, you will find it in the usual other shops that carry Sengoku. I can´t tell exactly where because is against the forum rules. But I think is safe to say that only in Japan you can find Sengoku stuff when YYE is out of stock.

1 Like

As zslane said, there is plenty of comments about it since the Samurai came out with the M shape.
There might be other yoyos with a shape that ressemble M, but it was mostly for cosmetic reasons, I assume this since nobody mentioned anything about M shape before the Samurai was released, the idea of the M shape is to allocate the rim weight in a lower position than the peak diameter to create a different physics (like when you make an “M” with a cardboard and put a coin on each edge, you can balance it perfectly when put the center on the tip of your finger).
Everyone that tried the Samurai agreed that the feeling is quite different than any other yoyo.
That being said, the Shinobi is not a Samurai tri-metal. The specs and weight distribution are different enough to be a different yoyo. It retains the crazy stability at low RPM and the “M shape feeling”, but thats it, it plays different, weights the same, but feels heavier, the extra ring gives it more power and different maneuverability.
I was so satisfied with the Shogun that despite being an experiment in unknown waters, it was promising, so I decided to explore the shape deeper and im sure it won´t be the last, since unlike the Organic shape, it rivals the V shape for competition performance.

5 Likes

it is indeed more maneuverable than V shape. It has a small con that is not an issue for a player beyond intermediate, which is the catch zone is smaller than the V shape, unless the overall widht is increased. But is more comfortable in the hand and won´t hurt on strong catches.

About A grades, is actually the opposite, because of the shape is much easier to balance the yoyo. Specially with 4 rings, it is a nightmare to make smooth tri-metals, but not in this case, for a yoyo with 4 rings, the smoothness level is pretty good.

3 Likes

While I always support innovative shapes and materials, I found the Samurai a bit of a performance disappointment.

The whole concept of the ‘M’ shape eludes me. Physics says that the larger the diameter of the ring, the greater the angular momentum. So why make the outer-rim diameter smaller? Additionally; as you mentioned, the ‘M’ shape makes the catch-zone smaller than a traditional V-shape would allow on the same width and diameter.

So why is the M-shape better?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @NeoHamster. Very interesting that the design actually helps with smoothness even with 4 rings. I think the width is down to personal preference. Lots of competitions are won with narrower yoyos, which probably have the same catch zone once you factor in the wider width.

I like the M-shaped cardboard analogy. I can imagine it being much easier to tilt correct than a V-shaped yoyo.

2 Likes

We’re all different yoyoers with different ideas, one yo-yo will appeal to some, and not to others. And that’s totally cool!

But, I’m going to respectfully disagree with you on that one. It’s one of the few yoyos I’ve played with that I could land this entire combo on in one throw.

Granted, there are people who probably could’ve done that combo on an undersized organic, such is their skill level. There are many yoyoers FAR greater than I’ll ever be.
But for me, I’ve never found the Samurai to disappoint.

What is your skill level? Are you more of a collector or a thrower? (Or both? :grin:) I don’t want to make anyone feel at all uncomfortable or anything, but if you feel comfortable showing your throwing, I’d be interested in seeing where the Samurai struggled in your repertoire. At least for me personally, I’ve found many yoyos to shine when they are pushed in their capabilities.

Small side note: in the interest of transparency, I do work with Sengoku. But I ALWAYS keep the idea of being unbiased upmost in my mind when discussing yoyos with the community. Especially in cases like this. I do believe that I would think the same way about the samurai if another company had made it.

Anyway, just my two cents. Certainly not the only valid point of view by any means :+1:

8 Likes

Looks like a high performance yoyo to me!!!

1 Like