sending my ooch smoov back and getting a dark magic 2

I think that if you are not satisfied and you bought it from Yomega then go ahead and send it back and buy that DM from YYE. I’m sure Yomega won’t mind if that is what their site says.

I will say that there have been very many companies that have sent out over blasted yo’s that broke string. YYF and ILYY come to mind as well. If you can sand it with some 1000 grit paper very lightly, You will take that rough patch out and it will stop breaking strings. No need to sand the whole yoyo either. Just the area where the string rubs while spinning. Mine did this too and it still plays like a truly awesome yoyo.

Also now you sa you like the yoyo but the string breaking is making yo mad? Then why did’t you say that in your first post? I mean there is no reason to go bashing a yoyo because it’s doing something you don’t like. Find out what is going on first before you bash the yoyo.

i tried it with cotton poly and slick 8 strings, it broke them all

you could do what Icthus said, or (depending on what type of coat the smoov’s got, idk) try using scotchbrite, speaking from experience on my Dv888 and Lunatic. These two throws were chewed and had many rough spots and dings, so my friend (who works at our local machine shop) suggested that I use the scotchbrite that he had in his toolbox, it was good enough to remove some of the smaller rough spots without damaging the finish, whereas you would have to be more careful with the 1000 grit sandpaper, idk, I could be wrong and ymmv hope you get this figured out.

I don’t know why people are criticizing a customer who is not satisfied with the product returning the product if it is permitted under the store’s policy.

1 Like

The statement you quoted was not about it eating string. So what you said dosn’t go with what I said. It was about him learning tricks. If he is having problems learning tricks on the Smoov then he will probably have the same problems learning them on the DM.

-James Reed

i am not having trouble learning tricks at all on the ooch. since i got it which was about a week ago i learned 3 tricks. in the advanced 2 section. it just keeps breaking strings. and now im actually scared to use it because my mom has all these glass knick knacks in my house and would kill me if i broke one

Ok then, well, then if you are playing it properly, then I would send it back. Just make sure you weren’t playing with it with the string between the bearing and bearing seat. :wink:

-James Reed

im not play with the string under the bearing. and i was wrong, yomega does not give back any refunds. fml.

dude stop worrying about the strings and try what icthus and all the other people are saying use a sock, really high grit sand paper or denim and it should get better. the string, unless is pretty thin and frayed wont do as much as the finish of the yoyo.

What color is your Schmoove? I’ll buy it off you if it isn’t too torn up.

its blue and not a scratch on it

Pictures, price?

i think icthus is overreacting. its just a yoyo. return it if you dont like it. and all people who criticized fatjoe for wanting to return it, lay off. if he doesn’t like the yoyo, he can return it. its just a yoyo.

If it’s snaping string, get some light sand paper or a back of a sponge, and rub the blast around the bearing. And that should stop the string snaping.

This thread has run its course. Close or lock it already. Its just flame bait. Ooch Smoov is a good yoyo, its your fault for not using google and fixing the harsh blasting. End of discussion. Nothing else needs to be said at all. Everything has been said.

Yomega backs all their yoyos with a lifetime warranty and has amazing customer service so AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE, JOE keep your attitude OFF this forum. Nobody wants or needs it. Kay?

Kay.

-M

Please don’t speak for all of us, you don’t know me or my opinion for that matter.

Uh, so you want his attitude? Then we don’t need you either I suppose.

(Didnt you ragequit YYE like a week ago anyway? Not the geatest guage of right and wrong.)

It wasn’t so much of a “rage quit” but yeah I did say I quit after no one understood what I was trying to say because I suck at getting my point across. But I don’t want to fight I am just going to say you don’t know what we are all thinking, so please don’t speak my opinion for me.

I was not surprised by people raging because one guy didn’t want his Yomega. People just have to do that. I don’t know why, but people do. There’s this mentality that goes around, there’s nothing wrong with any yoyo and someone always have to like something. It is the downside of this forum, if you talk down on something, there’s at least two guys who just have to white-knight it.

This thread was aways doomed, I’d be surprised if you guys actually managed to not give this guy hell for returning a yoyo.

people+internet.

“I put a signature at the bottom of all my posts because the signature feature on forums sucks and I want to be awesome”

tell me how i have an attitude? I am a costumer who is unsatisfied with a yoyo. and just so you and all of those other haters in this topic know, i did send it back to yomega and they said it was deffective so theyre sending a new one in the mail