Š̷̙͉̋idecaps? Sourcing/making

Hoping someone can help me out with this!
So I love finding old Yoyojams, and some of the ones I’ve acquired over the years ended up either not having their side caps, or I misplaced the side caps.

I want to know if there are places that sell the clear sidecaps alone? Is there to make your own? If so how can this be done? I would love to be able to make a bunch and just switch out the art behind em as this is what a lot of us used to do to have a fun way to customize our throws back then :slight_smile:

Any leads or advice is appreciated!

Ņ̵̖̜̞̫̣͛͑̅̀̔̓͆̃̈́ ̸̧͇̠̪͍̩̪̹͐͗͋̆̕̕͜͝͝͝Ė̴̡̱̩͈̱̮̎͛̆̅ ̶̫͗͒̆̈́̆͛È̶͓̭̘̹̺̓͛̑̈ͅ ̴̛̺͇̼̣̗̲͚̫́̈͊̌͂̋̅ͅD̵͉̜̲͈̩̒̾̆͘ ̵̢̧͉̗̺̙͛̅̾͜

2 Likes

Agree, I’d love to know where to source some caps.

Need source for Plastic FH1 caps as well. 3D printing through a 3rd party website is costly and setting up a 3D printer for myself atm is not possible due to the amount of space I have.

Another thing that would be cool to source is the glass looking caps that came on Strum Panzers, that’s something I wish I could get a lot of.

If you want to try and make your own caps for YYJ’s it’s pretty easy if you have a cricut or something like that. Just find the diameter, cut out thin sheets of plastic.

I’m sure you can find plastic that is like, thicker or something but I just used the shrink plastic you use to make charms.

If you want to do exactly what I did, I just put a sticker over the plastic before cutting, then a layer of resin after they’re cut out - these work for my YYJ but they don’t work very well for other things, especially the stuff not meant to hold caps.

4 Likes

This is awesome!

So you used a cricut machine to cut out the plastic itself with the stickers as one.
Might have to invest in a cricut machine to make this happen :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yep, exactly. It’s super easy to do. I’d look around at other options that are similar to cricut too, I bought mine several years ago, and I think there might be better or cheaper options out atm.

After theyre done just drop a dab of resin onto them and spread it out to the edges, then leave them out in the sun.