RVA Throws! Virginia State Contest! Official news (updated)

RVA YoYo’s is a group based in the heart of Virginia. We love to throw and are all based around in the Richmond area. we have some awesome throwers in the heart of Virginia.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me :D!!!

join our Facebook group to meet all our FB members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/196203860503307/

Current members are:
Gee Cheung ( gee_)
Samm Scott ( scottsm7)
Alex Curfman ( BRAINtwisted)
William Murphy ( Y0Y0SR2PR0)
Josh Black (hallelu-yo)
Johnny Le
Cody Wright (Codyjam)
Joseph (Legacy)
Jesse (J Singh 2K)
Gabe (gabero)

We do not have a set place to meet up yet so we meet up at different locations around RVA.
places have included Short Pump Mall, Regency Square Mall, and World Of Mirth

The 2014 Virginia State Yoyo Contest is on! This year’s contest will be held at the Children’s Museum of Richmond on January 11th, located in the heart of downtown Richmond.

The 2014 Virginia State YoYo Contest will have a 1a freestyle division, an Open freestyle division, and 2 Sports Ladder Divisions (17 and under and 18+). The cost to compete will be $15 for one freestyle division or $20 for both and $10 for Sports Ladder. Registration begins at 10:00 AM.

There will be a preliminary round of 1 minute freestyles for both freestyle divisions followed by 3 minute freestyles for finals. Both freestyle divisions’ preliminary rounds will have random music provided at the contest. Music for finals should be brought on a clearly labeled CD or MP3 player.

Facebook event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/568559583218259/

Some pics will be posted as time goes on.

1 Like

Add me to the members :slight_smile:

sure. didn’t add originally cause you were mainly CYYC person

Yeah, I need to come down to another meet, just school has been TOO crazy.

There is a yoyo demoing meet happening tomorrow (Sat 9th) in Cary town.
The meet will be held at the toy store World of Mirth at 3 o’clock

If you are near Richmond, Virginia come on out.

Oh neat! Sorry I missed y’all at WOM, any plans for another meetup anytime soon?

Hey, sad that you couldn’t make it to the last meet up. There will not be an official RVA meet up any time soon this month or next due to the holiday seasons.

Good news is that there is a yoyo club up in northern Va that is host their meet on the 23rd.
info can be found here: Capital YoYo Club

A few of us in RVA are going to NC state yoyo contest next month on the 14.
info can be found here: NC State yoyo contest

If you have a Facebook account, please feel free to join our group
RVA YoYo Club
Hope to see you around.

1 Like

The 2014 Virginia State Yoyo Contest is on! This year’s contest will be held at the Children’s Museum of Richmond, located in the heart of downtown Richmond.

The 2014 Virginia State YoYo Contest will have a 1a freestyle division, an Open freestyle division, and 2 Sports Ladder Divisions (17 and under and 18+). The cost to compete will be $15 for one freestyle division or $20 for both and $10 for Sports Ladder. Registration begins at 10:00 AM.

There will be a preliminary round of 1 minute freestyles for both freestyle divisions followed by 3 minute freestyles for finals. Both freestyle divisions’ preliminary rounds will have random music provided at the contest. Music for finals should be brought on a clearly labeled CD or MP3 player.

are there age divisions for the freestyles? Cause last year there weren’t.

Age divisions will only be for Sports ladder and only if there are enough competitors to merit 2 separate sports ladders. I like to have a separate sports ladder for the younger crowd so they don’t have to compete with the seasoned ladder guys. Freestyles will not have age divisions.

here’s a link to the facebook event page:

Okay that kinda sucks there are no age divisions for the freestyles cause almost everyone enters in the 1a division but it’s going to be a good time cause my mom said I could go. ;D

excited to see you there

I’ll be at the spot spinning mad hop drops and string pops.
Just kidding, I will be there though.

forgot to mention the contest going to be held January 11th

here is the Facebook event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/568559583218259/

Schedule to take place at the contest.
please note that the start time has changed.

Sports Ladder 10:00 - 10:45
Prelims 1a 11:00 - 12:15
Break: lunch 12:15 - 1:15
Finals Open 1:15 - 2:00
Finals 1a 2:00 - 3:00
Awards 3:30 - 4:00

Players will need to hold on to their finals music until the announcement of the finalists for the 1a Division. We will be using random 1a preliminary music.

i am being tempted to go. Wish there was a younger age range for the sport ladder though . My son just turned 11 and is wary to go up knowing the age range is 17 and under. Or even age ranges for 1A …oh well. We will see.

Come on out. your son has a chance at getting in sports ladder. it only depends on the number of contestants. regardless, come on out for some fun and enjoy the company of others who share your hobby/passion

Thinking about it. Probably an 8 hour drive! lol

Oh gosh! 9:30 for registration? How am I going to get there in time without leaving at 3:00 or something!