Russell yoyo’s?

Hi,

Just saw in an antique boutique in Geneva, Switzerland.

Does somebody have an idea of the price of the Russell ?
Are they rare ?
How does it play ?

Regards
Lee

7 Likes

Not a clue but if you want some advice from me go onto Amazon then search up magic yo-yo and if you scroll down you will find good yoyos

1 Like

They sell much better yo-yos here on yoyoexpert.

Edit: responding to the suggestion to buy magic Yoyos on Amazon. I think you should just buy the antiques if you want.

3 Likes

At this point depending on condition those are more collector pieces than to play with.

2 Likes

I see a few in much worse condition on eBay for between $30-$120. Look to be from the 1960’s.

Nab them up!!

3 Likes

I use the regular Russell shape versus the slimlines. I would look at these at the shop slimline yo-yos as collectibles. The Russell logo looks great on them. If you are looking for a slimline set (metal axle) like this just to use I would search for the Roy Rogers Yo-Yo and find the best price on e-Bay or the Duncan Professional/Alien. There are lot of Roy Roger Yo-yos produced. These use the same molds.

This is the shape of the Russell’s I like and have used in the last two National Yo-Yo Contests - fixed wooden axles. This shape plays better for me and the wood axles are great.

8 Likes

all my duncan professionals are string eaters, you know how i can fix that?

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for all these infos .!

(I’m playing only responsive with Arrow Elite from Yo-yo-Factory , do not like that binding thing at all., began 6 months ago, )

Will check these Russell’s to see how they play & post images .)

Kind Regards
Lee

3 Likes

I wish I had information on fixing the string eating yo-yos. I have only a few in my collection and never spent much time playing them.

Generally fixing string eaters is usually some combination of running leather, denim, or extremely fine automotive sandpaper over the area that’s cutting string until it stops doing that. Generally you’re just trying to buff the area with as little material removal as possible.

the problem is the duncan professional i believe isnt a take apart yoyo so i cant really reach the axle or starburst to adjust