response pad size compatibility chart

I haven’t been able to find a chart of the different response pads out there and which yoyos they fit.
I know some kinds are
flow groove
hat pads (thick, thin, textured)
snow tires
k pads
etc…
if anyone can link or post the pads and which yoyos are compatible I will re-edit the post to make a complete chart. when done, i would like it added to the "list of useful modification and maintenance guides.
THANKS!!!

I found it a lot easier to track this in a database I’m maintaining to keep track of stuff for my yoyos. I want to be able to know what to buy or use when things like an axle breaks, a response needs changing(flowable, pre-made pad and what kind), bearings and more.

I think this would be a good project, but if you’re going to track responses, you might as well make the database as full of information as possible.

I’m amazed nobody has made any sort of database program for yoyos yet. I also collect fountain pens (I’m a bit of an odd duck) and there’s a free database that tracks inks, nibs, nib material, RRP, purchase price and just about anything else relevant. I’d happily design a yoyo equivalent except I know zip about programming.

Maybe an excel spreadsheet so you can sort things by name/type/size? Just a thought.

Yuki

If someone reminds me via PM after my gigs this weekend, I can post mine on my yoyo web site. Should I leave as-is or ZIP it up first?

leave as is please studio

I’ll see about putting it online today or tomorrow. I need to strip out some data, stuff you guys don’t need to see. Stuff like who I bought from and for now much kind of stuff.

A response compatibility chart is exactly what the yoyo world needs. I spent hours searching online for the right response for the hspin cut.

Been sick, and busy, and busy being sick.

I’ve been contemplating going through YYE’s site model by model and tracking specs as applicable, which will include response pads. This will somewhat correspond with the database I’ve started. It won’t be perfect, but once this is done, I can have it expand to cover user submissions. Not sure how to put this into something that can be used online. I’ll figure that out later. Worse case is as a temporary fix I can just have the file be downloaded.

I’ll bang out a template file soon so that other people can contribute if they want to. PM me or hit me up via email. I’m kinda slacking on certain topics so I’ll have to keep on this task if I want it to make it to my website and then for emailing to me for incorporating into a master file. It will be in Excel and friendly with OpenOffice(which is free).

I think we need a big database with loads of information so people can use it for whatever reason they need it for.

Do we want prices in this for historical reference?

I already have over 240 entries, but there are some duplications. I’m gonna thin out some of the duplicates but it should be over 200 models at least. Anything modified will be removed.

This chart would be FANTASTIC!!!
I’ve searched all over the Web but nothing found.

I’ll look here to see if someone will be able to share that wonder.

Thanks
mau

I’ve been working on it. Someone PM me about this to remind to to shove it on my Facebook group for Sacramento Skill Toys. I want to get Duncan and Yomega stuff up on that list. I’m at almost 400 entries. I also have a template for those who want to help.

Fine!
So keep up the good work and cheers from Italian players.

mau

PM’s work a lot better and faster.

Anyhow, it’s in my Sacramento Skill Toys group on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/290634674376944/

Anyone who cares to contribute, please pick a brand and document what you can. I get me stats from yoyo stores and the manufacturer’s web sites. Just fill in what you can off the template file.

Thanks!

1 Like

I started a pad sizing guide over on YYN last year. This is what I got:

White K-Pad small size

Small Bearing YYF metals
Pocket Change

Red/Yellow/White K-Pad/YoYoJam Silicone Pads/YYR Pads

(DV)888(x)
Skyline
SuperStar
Genesis
DNA
G5
Tactic
Lunatic
Boss
Primo
MVP
Velocity
Protostar
Buddha King 2
C-sized SPYY yoyos
Most Turning Point yoyos
YYR yoyos
C-sized Duncans
Legacy
Atmosphere
New Breed
Dark Magic II
Revolution
Phenomizm
Axiom
Meteor
Trinity
ENEME
Night Moves 5
Ai
Phenom

White Large Bearing Broad Pad/Red+Purple K-Pads

Plastic Grind Machine
Die Nasty
Hectic
Counter Attack
Leviathan1

Flea K-Pad

Mighty Flea
Big Deal

AnY Pads/Dif Pads

Envy 64
Pyro Lite
Dif-e-Yo yoyos
AnY yoyos
Bapezilla
Eetsit
Good & Evil 2 Poison
Good & Evil 3
D-sized SPYYS

OneDrop Flow Groove Pad/Theory Pads

Flow Groove M1s
Project 2
Sovereign
Dingo
Y Factor
MarkMont Next
String Theory yoyos
Code1

Gen-Yo Hat Pad

Hatrick
Peak
Bear vs. man
RecRev yoyos
Essence
Torrent II
3YO3 yoyos

Gen-Yo Gen Pad/.555 Pads/Chaz Pads

OG Project
OG MarkMont
Pad M1
Pyro
Envy
Pacquiao

CLYW Snow Tires

C-sized CLYWs

Crucial Ghost Pad

Good & Evil 4 Lily
The Cut
G5
G5+
Pyro Light
Torrent
Werrd yoyos

Not really organized or anything, but it might help. Btw Chris, nice chart!