Reacting to the 2001 World Champion's Winning Routine. This is the first video in a series where I plan on going through the winning routines from 2001-2019

16 Likes

Great video. I liked your feedback. Phenomenal freestyle!

1 Like

Thank you! I agree, it was a pretty fun freestyle!

1 Like

Very nice, Keep it up.

1 Like

Cool video and concept for a series @MoosaK!!!

1 Like

It really is amazing how far yoyo music routines have come since the unresponsive era. Only a select few parts of his routine kept pace with the music, and completely lacked continuous flow. But still, I enjoy throwing responsive yoyo and I could only dream of doing the stuff he did. As for kwyjibo variants, my style thrives on this so I absolutely loved it.

Anybody know what yoyo he used?

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!
Yeah it’s awesome hwo much more advanced tricks have gotten.
According to the Yoyo’s used by world champions thread, he used a Mega Spin Faktor.

4 Likes

Specs on the Mega Spin Faktor!!! 28mm Width!!

4 Likes

I guess the average weight and width of yoyos has changed a lot since then as well!

3 Likes

So…basically what we now consider a slimline, right?

3 Likes

This is an awesome idea, and I can’t wait to see the other videos.

I wonder how a player who has been in the hobby for 5 years os less sees this kind of FS. We have to look at it considering that EVERYTHING was different at the time. The equipment, the type and difficulty of tricks, contest and freestyling dynamics, etc.

It’s very interesting to see how yo-yoing have evolved pushing boundaries year after year.

To me, some tricks that were hard 20 years ago are still very challenging. PLEASE make Suzuki’s 2004 1A. It’s the FS that started it all to me and one of my favorites to this date!

3 Likes

I’m glad you liked the video!

I’m excited to get to this one as well!

1 Like

Finally got around to watching this - was fun to watch. I look forward catching those you do going forward.

1 Like

thanks so much! I’ll definitely try to keep them going!

1 Like

That’s absolutely amazing! The skills he displayed here with a slimline (compared to today’s standards) responsive blows my mind!

3 Likes