RARE YoyoFactory, OneDrop, CLYW, BuzzOn, Duncan, Auldey, YoyoJam, Born Crucial

Hey there!

I’m selling most of my very rarest and oldest yoyos. I’m raising money to go to a good cause.

Here is a quick crib sheet of what’s still available:

• MIP Yellow/White Fast 201
  • Element X Beta Edition
  • HYPE
  • CLYW vs AYYA Bear vs Man
  • Lego Spencer Berry / Steve Brown Throw Monkey
  • Higby Takeshi Recessed Freehand Zero
  • BAC 2003 Yoyo

I’m not sure how to price any of these, because they’re so old and so rare. Many of them, I haven’t seen an equivalent come up for sale - especially not recently.

These are available for cash or for trade. Prices are OBO. (If for trade, I’d ask for a somewhat significant greater value in yoyos that I would then resell.)

If any of the pricing is way off, whether too low or too high, please let me know.

Payment via PayPal F&F or Venmo. $5 shipping for yoyos $150 or under. $10 shipping for yoyos > $150. Yoyos over $150 I will ship insured with signature required.

International shipping is possible via FedEx, just expensive. (Likely ~$75+ to most destinations.)

Here are the yoyos:

Original preproduction, in package F.A.S.T. 201. (White w/clear body)

This was a gift from Yo Hans at USA Nationals 2003, prior to YoyoFactory forming their team.

You’ll notice that the packaging has the original YoyoFactory logo designed by John Huber. This is before Hasbro redesigned the logo when they launched the FAST 201 in retail stores nationwide.

$225

——

SOLD - Takeshi Kamistato Recessed Duncan Throw Monkey - SOLD

Original Throw Monkey with recessed friction sticker, made by the man himself, Takeshi. Sidecap art by the Brazilian yoyo and art legend, Rodrigo “Whip” Yokota.

Takeshi would recess these by holding a buck knife up to the yoyo spinning on a lathe.
Some slight discoloration on the edges of the cap from water.

—–

SOLD - 1st Run Born Crucial Milk - SOLD

One of the og delrin yoyos. My old roommate won this in a raffle at the Bay Area Classic yoyo contest probably 20 years ago.

Scratches around the rims. Still plays great. Yoyo is a classic and way ahead of its time.

SOLD

——

SOLD - 1st Run / Preproduction Jensen Kimmitt YoyoFactory NorthStar - SOLD

This was given to Jensen Kimmitt at the World Yoyo Contest the year he won worlds. This was one of Jensen’s backups, and he gave it to me at the contest.

Yoyo is cracked, as virtually all of these are.

Hard to price this, as all of these cracked.

SOLD

—–

BuzzOn Element X - Beta Edition:

Original preproduction Element X, Buzzons first yoyo.

One of the most underrated yoyo brands, repped by champions like Miguel Correa, Dana Bennett, Paul Yath, Jessie Garcia, and others. I was on Team Buzzon for a short while prior to joining YoyoFactory’s inaugural team.

$100

—–

SOLD - YoyoFactory ASR 2004 San Diego FAST 201 - SOLD

This is a special edition FAST 201 specially made for a toy industry conference.

SOLD

—–

SOLD - Original One Drop Project - SOLD

I believe this is from the very first run of One Drop’s very first yoyo, the Project. This came from Colin himself while on a yoyo tour.

This might just get my vote for the most aesthetically beautiful yoyo of all time.

SOLD

—–

YoyoFactory HYPE:

My favorite viral yoyo marketing stunt of all time. Check the packaging.

I think there was maybe 7-10 of the HYPES? I don’t know for sure.

Come with the original packaging.

Total unobtanium. I’ve never seen one of these, nor the HYPE’s sister yoyos, the FAD or the HOAX for sale.

Box Inscription:

FRONT:

“[there are no instructions. out marketing

research reveals most of customers are

too stupid to read them. no I dont mean

you. ok, I lied. I did mean you. but

considering you are still reading this

small print maybe you arnt as stupid as

you look. now stop reading this junk, and

play with the yo-yo. NOW]

By the way, email contact@yoyofactory.com and let us know if the ‘hype?’ was worth it.

All this junk is subject to copyright so dont even think about it. Scammers.”

BACK: “

NO FOOL, I cant do ‘walk the dog’

This yo-yo is made for people who

are trying to be ‘cool’ and into the

latest fashions.

The only reason we can afford to

make it is thanks to the rich guys

who buy 5 and keep them on their

shelves. Props to them.

It is over priced, filled with useless

gimmicks. Heck it doesnt even come

back when you tug on the string.

However in the spirit of ‘HYPE?’ here

it is.

Available in 3 different styled sidecaps

which I printed off my PC and then

photocopied at my moms work.

Collect them all. Then next week I will

release them in a different color. Get

the picture? Suckahs.

The flavor of the week is now lemon.

Dig in

$500

—-

SOLD - YoyoFactory 1st Run Jason Lee 888 - SOLD

I’ll be honest. I don’t know if I can bring myself to sell this.

Jason is a hero of mine and I dedicated a video to him (“The Jason Tapes”), that I made as we were trading tricks via internet cafes while he backpacking in the most remote parts of the world.

One small ding with minimal effect to color.

SOLD

——

TRADED - Takeshi Kamisato Recessed Duncan Freehand 2: Clear/Painted - TRADED

This thing is so cool. In addition to being recessed, it is painted with iridescent automotive paint.

I got this in a trade with Nathan Crissey. (@ Nathan, if you want/need this back, please give me a holler.)

——

SOLD - Buzzon Bay Area Classic 2004 Yoyo Contest Nemesis - SOLD

The Nemesis was the Element X’s lighter cousin, and one of the first samples with the SPR system.

Cap artwork by 2003 World Yoyo Champion Johnnie “John Steel” Delvalle, the man who didn’t know how to wear sleeves.

The yoyo comes with a bathtub thread friction sticker handmade by me. I competed with this at BAC 2004. This was hand dyed by Dave Bazan (Buzzon’s owner/founder), so there is some color fade on the rim.

SOLD

—–

AYYA vs CLYW Bear vs Man:

This was CLYW’s very first engraved yoyo, and one of their earliest yoyos in general.

I commissioned this yoyo with CLYW as a special edition on behalf of the American Yoyo Association.

$350

—–

SOLD - YoyoFactory Grind Master SS - SOLD

Another total unobtanium. I’ve never seen one for sale, don’t know how many were made, and have never seen another one outside of the YoyoFactory office.

Teflon coated. Monster SS artwork on one side, Ben cartoon graphic on the other side.

Ben McPhee gave this to me at the Yomega World Yoyo Contest 2004 in Las Vegas, convincing me to be one of the very first to join the then-forming Team YoyoFactory. The rest is history.

SOLD

——

Preproduction LEGO Team Duncan Throw Monkey:

This was a preproduction Duncan Throw Monkey sold in plastic poly bags at either the World Yoyo Contest or the US National contest. They sold out in less than 2 minutes in a frenzied storm at the Duncan booth.

Duncan/Steve made graphics of the team in both LEGO and in PEZ form. I think the LEGO ones were sold at the World Yoyo Contest 2003. (Someone correct me if memory serves you better.)

Spencer Berry graphic one side. Steve Brown graphic on the other.

$100

——

SOLD - Spintastics 2002 Mid-East Regional Yoyo Contest Eclipse - SOLD

Pretty crazy to think that a Spintastics Yoyo had a Throw Monkey graphic. I think these were produced by Dave Bazan prior to him starting up Buzzon.

Comes with an original/unused WHITE Duncan Friction sticker. (“Friction Biscuits” as we like to call them back then.)

SOLD

——

SOLD - 2004 era Translucent Blue YoyoJam Dark Magic - SOLD

This was the back-up yoyo I had on stage with me when I won the 2004 US National Yoyo Contest. If there’s any camera angles showing the stage, you’d be able to see it on the stage in front of me.

Hub cracking, as normal, and some scratches on the rim. Still all one piece.

Hard to price this one due to memories vs value.

SOLD

—–

SOLD - Takeshi Recessed / Painted FAST 201 - Bright Green - SOLD

Beautiful bright green sticker-recessed FAST 201 with floral Hawaii-themed caps.

Takeshi gifted this to me, along with a VHS that had all his clip videos.

SOLD

—–

Higby Freehand Zero, Hand Painted by Higby and sticker-recessed by Takeshi Kamisto:

I’ve been a fan of Higby since I was a kid. I wore a “Mr. Yodel” tie he painted to my high school prom. Higby sent this to me when after I sent him a fan letter.

“TAKESHI MOD” is painted underneath the cap. I’m not sure how many of these were made - likely very few.

$110

—-

2003 Bay Area Classic Yoyo Contest Talbots Toyland Spintastics / Pre-Buzzon Tigershark:

This yoyo was hand-dyed by Dave Bazan. Beautiful Orange/Yellow.

Cap art by 2003 World Champ Johnnie Delvalle, who competes with Sir Rick Wyatt as for the title of buffest man in the history of yoyo.

This has no guts (bearing/spacer).

$90?

—–

TRADED - Marcus Koh Auldey KILL EVERYBODY Ares Star Yoyo - TRADED

This came from the man himself, Marcus Koh, from his own collection.

This is his first signature yoyo from Auldey. VERY cool yoyo. The black center pieces are separate pieces that set into the hub of the yoyo.

Also very cool that this yoyo would now get you banned from the World Yoyo Contest. (lol)

I don’t know how to price this - retail was $180 and these weren’t sold in the US.

TRADED

Message me with any questions and/or if you’d like to purchase. Thanks!

7 Likes

Hey I’m interested in your hype, and your og 201

2 Likes

Wowza! Im thinking hard on that Project.

Absolutely! Feel free to shoot me a message.

Ouch augie. Beautiful pieces man. Beautiful.

2 Likes

aw man these yo-yos are insane

1 Like

FUHHH I don’t think the Project will stay till I get paid lol…

That Jason Lee 888 is epic. You and Jason are my two favorite old school players.

2 Likes

Bump with an update of what’s still available:

• MIP Yellow/White Fast 201
  • Element X Beta Edition
  • HYPE
  • CLYW vs AYYA Bear vs Man
  • Lego Spencer Berry / Steve Brown Throw Monkey
  • Higby Takeshi Recessed Freehand Zero
  • BAC 2003 Yoyo
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.