Rain City x Broke Village CONVOY! 9/19 @ 8PM EDT

Introducing “The Convoy” – A collaboration between Rain City Skills and Broke Village!

From Rain City: Some time ago I got to chatting with Cory Gardner, the brain behind Broke Village, and we decided we needed to collaborate on a design. When I collaborate with a brand, it’s more than just two people making a yoyo together. I like to dig in and find commonalities to hang an idea on. We discovered a piece of common ground through my grandfather. My mom and I lived with my grandparents until I as 8 years old and my grandfather was a huge influence in my life. Cory works in the USA merchant marine. My grandfather served in the Canadian Merchant Marine during World War Two. Thus the convoy was born.

We began with the idea of 2 colourways, one for each country. We worked with Justin Scott Larson (the design genius behind most of the Rain City Line, as well as the Broke Village Fidalgo) and came up with a unique blend of an O-shape with a flat rim. We chose 7075 to make this design perform the way modern players expect in terms of stability and power, while holding onto the fun yoyo experience that Rain City is known for and including our Signature Lego compatible hub.

We decided to aim for a September release date, and then discovered International Pirate Day is on September 19th, so we added a solid black edition with skull and crossbones!

Releasing 9/19 @ 8PM EDT.

7 Likes

Oh I like it.

Does it remind you somewhat of a wider DV888 @codinghorror?

3 Likes

I was literally thinking that when I read the post.