Question about international shipping

What are your cheapest international shipping methods?

I’m in Canada. I used to use a small Chinese shipping company which has discounts on UPS, DHL, and Fedex etc. For example, shipping from Canada to China with this company using UPS express saver was around $25 dollars.

However, since I moved to my current place, the shipping company with discounts has become no longer reachable. So I went online and the UPS website asked for around $130 dollars for the exact same service that I used to purchase for only $25 dollars.

After this, I checked Canada Post, it costs $20 dollars to ship to china within 6-12 days but no tracking info would be provided, which would be frustrating for both the sender and receiver. The shipping service at the same speed but with tracking and insurance costs around three times as much ($60).

Is this a norm for international shipping or am I doing something wrong? How do I get shipping discounts or cheaper shipping?

It’s really a norm for international shipping to be expensive, I always do local post (USPS) to keep it low. There are some options like via cargo shipment company but that could take up to > 1 month for 1 cargo to be filled and shipped.

2 Likes

How much does it usually cost you to ship internationally that takes less than a month to arrive?

1 Like

Depends on destination, like for:

• USPS: it could range like $15 (to Canada) to like $35 (to my home country, Vietnam) for a small package
  • Cargo shipment: I used service from small business (VietAir Cargo, which only shipped to Vietnam) that I shipped my friend’s Dior B23 sneakers with double box cost like around $35-$45
2 Likes

I see, USPS seems to be cheaper than Canada Post. Thanks for your reply!

1 Like

Or something I can say is, get into some international student group chat or some foreign community and ask for help to bring it to the country you want with fees added. But this is super risky and I’ve only done it once with anxiety lol

1 Like

That’s a good idea but I often hear rumors of scams in those community groups tho lol, but still worth trying.

1 Like

USPS under 8oz is like $18, and over 8oz doubles in price.

3 Likes

There are some companies running the business of shipping from USA to China, you just need to send you package to their location in USA, and place the order online, they will do all rest job.
It will cost about $15 and send to China whitin 2 weeks. Tracking serve is free, insurance is lower than 5%.
BUT

1. They just running the business of shipping from certain countries (USA,JP,UK…) to China.
  2. Some companies’ website only offer Chinese serve, you would better let you Chinese friends do it and chose the suitable company.

Great idea, would definitely do more research on this. Thanks!

why not start to learn Chinese🤔hahaha…
I have learned English for more than 10 years​:sob::sob::sob:

I believe that I am proficient in Chinese lol

终究是错付了。

那你可以去微信那些公众号上搜一搜,很多文章会讲几个转运公司的业务范围还有时效,不过确实没听过有公司是直接从加拿大转运的,基本都得先送到美国。

嗷嗷好的谢谢,我待会去康康有没有能直接从加拿大运的,不然寄去美国也不便宜。