Quality bearings

I’m looking for good quality responsive and unresponsive bearings any suggestions?

2 Likes

Just an FYI, any bearing is a responsive bearing depending on how much lube you use on it. More lube = more responsive.

As far as quality bearings I prefer Difeo KonKave. Most (pretty much all) of the bearings available on this site are excellent though.

10 Likes

How much string centering do you want?

1 Like

If I hear “Abec” I’m leaving.

6 Likes

ABEC 7 !!! :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::wink:

8 Likes

I feel like you gotta go to ABEC 8, maybe even ABEC 9 if you’re really serious about bearings…

More seriously, I think the gold standard for “I want guaranteed highest quality bearing” is the YYR DS.

It’s what A-RT puts in all their (rather expensive) yo-yos as well!

5 Likes

Where’s Kyo when we need him… :wink:

5 Likes

The best is the General Yo aircraft bearing. I would know.

2 Likes

Probably the most standard and best bearing would be CBC Center-Trac bearing. Yoyofactory’s.

1 Like

What is the best responsive bearings?

1 Like

I wasnt aware of that thank you

2 Likes

I took the abec 5 bearings from my skateboard wheels & put them in my titanium shutter. 69/10 would recomendf

1 Like

Wait, those are C-size?

For unresponsive, I generally go Boss Rage or MonkeyfingeR Tasmanian.

For half-spec responsive, I don’t think there’s as much of an aftermarket as for full spec. I’d personally just pick up whatever I could find cheapest if I were to swap out the stock half spec for some reason.

Edited to comply with site rules.

1 Like

Haha ABEC ratings don’t really matter too much in the use for yoyos. ABEC ratings are mainly for the precision of the bearing, and yoyos aren’t exactly so precise that you’d need a high ABEC rating. Different ABEC ratings between bearings might cause a tighter fit on the bearing seat, but a higher ABEC rating doesn’t mean the bearing will make your yoyo spin longer or anything. That aside, One Drop 10 Balls are probably some of the highest quality bearings you can get. The fatter inside lip is actually better for the health of a bearing seat on a yoyo, as the inner race doesn’t grind into the bearing seat as much. Some of my personal favorite bearings include CLYW Pixel, Boss Double Double, YYR DS, and YoyoFactory CTX. If I’m going for cheap bearings in bulk, stainless steel concave bearings from Aliexpress are very good for the price.

1 Like

Skateboard bearings are about the size of an Oreo cookie, I was kidding (^ν^)

2 Likes

My genuine recommendation would be one drop 10 balls, if you’re ok with using flat ones. you could get a pack of 5 for $25, good value imo

1 Like

I’m an idiot lmao.