Project Y - Community Updates & Comments

Got mine as well and right out of the box I’m digging it. It plays light, but I agree with @ExYoyoAddict in that it still has a good presence on the string. Pretty stable as well, nothing gimmicky feeling about it. I’m not an “O” shape fanboy and I generally pass over most of them, but the Project Y stood out to me and it didn’t disappoint.

9 Likes

12 Likes

@d4nnyb0yy x ILYY “Lio’d” Project Y

5 Likes

Well I am an Organic Fanboy, and this one had me at 53mm x 42mm. Once in my hands it is delivering in pure play, very nice regens and binds. Also pairing well with the MFD Vines.

7 Likes

Yeah the dimensions interested me off the bat. I don’t personally think of it as undersized and I definitely don’t think it plays undersized. I already prefer it over some other very sought-after Os that I’ve had in the past

8 Likes

Thats some big praise!!

4 Likes

much appreciated to y’all that took the jump on the Project Y
@hobbygod aka Dressel Designs to hel
Voltron form

• the FSYB, FTY & YYE crew that participated to get this rolling… testing crew is listed on the spec sheet

• MonkeyFingeR for hooking us ip
    with the vine

• shout to @YoYoExpertGarrett and crew for
    lettin me rep

y’all
grab one @
and # up… more things to come :eyes::eyes::eyes:

9 Likes

Recorded a few combos today, figured I’d send here because I haven’t seen another vid of this yoyo in action yet.

11 Likes

I completely agree with what has been said, plays light, good string presence, it surprised me with its stability and it has decent power. It is awesome for regens, rejects, stalls, all the tricks that are extra fun with high walls but this is not nearly as punishing as most high walls. You can get away with being sloppy, and it gives you more time than I expected to correct if you get too sloppy. Finally I love the size, it really feels just right to me. Small but not undersized, it definitely plays like a full size. The catch zone feels generous for the shape. It has a lot of the traits that I love in the hitman, tinman, early night moves, and the dark magic. The project Y is just a wonderful feeling chill yoyo that tests your skills a bit, but does so in a very forgiving way, and its a real performer. I’m amazed.

12 Likes

@hobbygod (don’t want to speak for him, but will) are i very appreciative and are glad you cats are enjoying it man! thank you for the vid @ExYoyoAddict - dug the jams
too!!!

we’re happy you all
are enjoying it - and it fulfilled
the vision i had for it :heart::heart::grin:

9 Likes

This is a good yoyo. Glad you’re all enjoying it!

7 Likes

A shout out to everyone that has been involved, purchased, played, reached out and just been positive about this venture… we have just less than 20 pieces left on the ‘spot’ - out of 120 on the initial run!

i have about 5 pieces put to the side, so we hit almost 100 pieces on an unofficial drop… y’all overseas cats - germany and japan, were HUGE spots!!!

hmu on the IGs and elsewhere if you’re interested.

shout out to the YYE bosses @YoYoExpertGarrett for letting me do my thing here… all y’all YYE, FSYB & FTY cats are appreciated!!!

11 Likes

Stares in envy of the PV44… so you uhhh, you taking any pre orders?

3 Likes

That was fantastic!

3 Likes

i’ll do reservations again like i did with the Project Y. That worked out comfortably for me because if something pushed out a bit - i wasn’t holding someone else’s grip, but I always had my place in production and paid.

Also, this gave some folks flexibility in case they wanted to change a color up (if available). i couldn’t estimate how many folks wanted engraved (many more, lol), but limited engravings kept costs significantly lower with the acid wash and other colors…

once testing makes it through the rounds on pv44 i’ll make some announcements (as allowed), and i’ll giddy-up with it… so far, i’ve been happy with the feedback

8 Likes

Really looking forward to it if you do decide to release it, I love the project Y and would love to add more of your stuff to my collection!

4 Likes

i really appreciate that man… i’m sure @hobbygod does too…

FSYB has another collab (or 2) in the works - and patrick and i have been brewing up some ideas to hopefully keep y’alls mouth’s watering

oh, and the PV44 will be released

6 Likes

here’s a little story behind some inspiration of the Project Y, and why kiddo was a regular consulatant through this whole process

4 Likes