pricing yoyo string

Don’t forget to add in time for packaging, addressing and mailing.

I’ll see what I can do about posting a tutorial.

1 Like

THANK YOU!

I second this

Tripled!

1 Like

Do youself a favor. Practice with some lesser quality material and once you get comfortable make the jump to higher quality material. Forget the string rig and make a high quality HAND made string. Sell it for more and make less of them.

String rigs make you like everybody else.

i twist mine by hand.

1 Like

Whether you’re twisting the string by hand or using the assistance of some basic tools really doesn’t make much of a difference if you’re using the same materials.

2 Likes

Ummmm…yeah…ok

It’s true.

Care to described the difference?

Fixed. :wink:

I would like to know also. : :wink:

Been down this road already so save me the time and do a search.

Second to last pic in your “tutorial” says enough.

In my second to last picture, there are a lot of strings hanging off my wall.

They are slightly tangled. Strings are very easily untangled. Each one is fully twisted before they are dropped to the wall, and as such do not pick up any excess string on the floor nor do they effect each other in any way.

By the way, making an actual argument is always better than saying “Eh look up my points yourself”

First off I wasn’t even talking to you as I replied to someone else. If you want an argument I can whip one up in a hurry. People are always in a rush to make as much as fast as they can so guess what buddy boy quality goes down. You’ll fit right in with the rest of America when you grow up.

String rigs are sloppy so your work is sloppy. Now go look up the rest of what I had to say.

BTW I’m going fishing so don’t bug me for the rest of the night.

Why are string rigs sloppy?

Wow, I am legitimately offended.

Not that you don’t like the way that I make string for absolutely no reason and you just can’t be bothered to make a simple argument, even though you have the time to refer to “posts that you’ve made in the past”. You know, search terms are nice.

I’m not offended that you passed a pretty harsh judgement on me because I make strings quickly, even though you have no idea that I look over every string after I make it to make sure that it’s up to par.

I’m offended because you’re acting so rudely in my community. Attitudes matter.

EDIT: Also, no, are you kidding me? Things not made by hand aren’t as high of quality?

Try playing with a hard carved yoyo versus a machine made one. Machines can be more precise and therefore, for somethings, they are better.

There’s a difference between “being in a rush” and being efficient.

1 Like

I’m on Jake Elliott’s side, hand-made string always has a more ‘wholesome’ feel. Also, I don’t care if he rubs his strings in baby snot and dog crap, as long as they are clean and high quality when shipped, it doesn’t play a role in the finished product. He can tangle his string all he wants, but as long as customers are not disappointed, who cares if it is sloppy?

EDIT: I checked out his rig, and it is 10 times better than what I could come up with. Go down the difficult road of crafts once in your life, and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the rig he made is pretty rad.

What I love about folks like you is they call someone out who was minding there own business and when they get a reply they dont like they cry.

It’s not your community its ours. Being so bold as to claim that perhaps you should step back a minute and think about what was said in the first place. I have every right to voice an opinion as do you here in our community. If you don’t want to hear the facts then turn the channel.

Of course I will reply even after I said to do a search of my previous statements about this topic. When your crying about it than obviously you need to be walked through it. Perhaps you feel you are far to efficient to do a search? I don’t know but i do know your acting like a baby so leave me be and you won’t get offended.