Presenting: "A̴̜͔͋̅PPARITION" a yoyo style

“6A”??? How long before @DocPop does something crazy with this?

5 Likes

It definitely has elements from Washing Machine, Astro and Möbius

5 Likes

This seems way out of my league, but I’m looking forward to messing around with it. I love the concept, but offstring has always been tricky for me. I’m blown away by Josh’s debut video of it.

9 Likes

Wow! This is extremely innovative! I’ve been messing around with this style for a bit and it’s honestly a lot of fun! Great work @JeiCheetah :grin:

3 Likes

the cool thing is this isn’t just offstring, it’s offstring 5a with two weights which is absolutely mind blowing, can’t wait to see where this goes

4 Likes

Glad to be here for this

1 Like

When it comes to innovative Yoyo play Josh sure is the Gee :wink:

2 Likes

I think one thing exciting about this for me now is that there’s so much unexplored territory. What would be a beginner trick in this style vs a hard trick? What’s right and wrong? There’s really completely open ends meaning anything goes, which I find super refreshing and fun for me :smiley:

11 Likes

Maybe a third counterweight to combine astrojax orbits with offstring? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

God I tried this today, it’s hard. I think one interesting idea I came up with is doing classic underhand whips (think whip to kamikaze but underhanded), and then being able to kinda tension hook around the entire yoyo like a jump rope. I’ll record a video sometime…

Keep reviving this thread and trying this folks it’s quite fun, though the thicker string advice is definitely sound since you’ll be … snap starting a lot :rofl: and thicker string helps.

1 Like

This is just more technical tricks with a diabolo setup, if anyone is interested in translating tricks to a more difficult setup.
Edit: nicer phrasing

1 Like

Every trick style is largely influenced by other skills and styles actually!
That’s what is exciting whenever someone different pops up, because it opens new ideas for other tricksets and ideas to be involved.

Hope you can have a chance to try it out!

4 Likes

New trick! Based on the earlier post of the Diabolo influence.
This was really tricky to land and is a double released mini genocide :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Super cool. Can you go thru setting up the string for this?

2 Likes

Yup. 1a provides significant enough challenge for me …this is insanity!!

2 Likes

I’d love a full setup video of all the ways you hold the counterweights,wind it up etc.

3 Likes

If I’m correct you basically attach a CW to both ends of the string. Longer string then usual, and that’s it. Correct?

Can someone explain how the bind works. I tried this last night and i got a good throw, untangled my string but couldn’t really get the bind.
Thanks

1 Like

looks to me like you need to hold both weights in one hand with the yoyo in the loop and bind as if it is on a single string. i’m not brave enough to try this.

Any more tips trick or tech?

Hey y’all! Here’s a new A̴͕͇͌P̸͙̯͋͑P̵̞̒̒ͅÃ̵̭͛R̶̨͈̿̅Ì̷̻T̵͕͛Ị̶̫̄̀O̶͇̊͌N̸̛̖͈̕ post featuring two new tricks I figured out as of late.

Definitely gonna toy with more of the “suicide” 360 type release ideas I think moving forward. Lots of ideas there.

E̶̻͒N̵͔͛J̸̢̾O̷̱͛Y̸͖̾ ̸̟͐

11 Likes