PoryKon & PoryKon V is now at YoYoExpert!

4 Likes

Okay so the yellow is Porykon V and the blue (Ramune) is Porykon. Both weigh in at exactly 10.7g on my scale. I have the Porykon set up with just straight bearing system - no additional bead.

I played with both back to back for a bit, trying to see which one I liked more. The Porykon is a bit more textured - Porykon V more like smooth delrin. Shape of the Porykon V may get the slight edge as it has a bigger slope from the center so feels more like a ball with a center ridge, where the Porykon feels just slightly chunkier.

I’m not good enough with 5A to tell you a performance difference from bearing vs string, but I can say that the string does swivel in the Porykon V so even with just a bead it’s probably neutralizing tension more than a standard counterweight would.

If you put me to a choice I would say that based on slightly better hand feel (to me), no difference in performance neutralizing tension (to me), lower maintenance (bearings take cleaning eventually and this one is unshielded in the Porykon), and price I would give the nod to the Porykon V.

Hope that helps!

5 Likes

I know this post is old but I’m curious how many people actually notice a difference with bearing cws. I definitely don’t and I’m not a beginner.

1 Like

Well it does depend on what kind of counterweight tricks you are doing… The speed - complexity… I definitely can tell you in contest there is a huge difference in string tension.

Best example is the person who really popularized the original concept with the Takeshi Dice back in the day! I feel like watching this and it starts making sense:

6 Likes