Porsche, Silvia & impact that cars have on your designs

Maybe a long question here, but is there a good story behind you getting your 911 and S13?

And how would you describe how your love of cars affects your design of yoyos?

P.S. Love the instagram videos/photos of the cars getting tweaked.

Hey!

Yes both are pretty crazy stories.

The Porsche was my childhood dream car. I was in bed after getting my wisdom teeth pulled out. I looked on Kijiji and there was one for absurdly cheap - clearly it needed a lot of work. I ended up buying it a week before Worlds in Cleveland hah. Was a pretty crazy experience. Since then I have rebuilt probably 70% of the car.

The Silvia was again another car that I wanted but at last minute the seller told me it was sold to someone else. I was pretty bummed since I loved that car as a teenager from playing so much Gran Turismo. At last minute the seller told me the other buyer flaked and I went to go buy the car the same day. Woke up at 4am and brought my own wheels. Limped it home and worked on it all winter to get it ready for my roadtrip!

I think there is a lot of inspiration from cars that I draw from, a lot of people can probably see that. But random things will inspire me too… like weird things. I think once I saw this kettle handle at some store and got inspired by the shape. Or old yoyos for sure. I chase that nostalgic feeling a lot for most of my products.

7 Likes

Gran Turismo, still my all time favorite game, GT6 rarely leaves my PS3 :+1:t2: