YYF POPstar Stats:
Diameter: 43.8 mm / 1.73 inches
Width: 32 mm / 1.26 inches
Gap Width: 4.90 mm / .19 inches
Weight: 66.5 grams
Bearing Size: Large SPEC Bearing
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: Central Bearing Co - CBC ‘Slim’ Pad

This is a fantasic throw. It begs to be played with. It leaves you satified. The gap is surprisingly wide. So far there isn’t a trick it can’t handle. As long as you throw hard then it will spin pretty good. This is not a competition yoyo. I use it for when I want a break from the normal stuff. It has a very nice h shape. Do not use it for long combos though. This yoyo also has an extremely nice finish. It is very slick. IRG’s are smooth, but not long lasting. Dings really show on this. Thumb grinds are also pretty good. It is’nt mickey speed, but it will go fast when you want it to. Thank you for reading.

1 Like

I just bought one and I am super excited. Thanks for the review it helped a lot ;D

They are a very fun throw. You will sometimes see me picking it up instead of some 100$ yoyos I have.

So I’m considering buying this yoyo. Is there a different throw you could compare it to? Maybe the hitman pro? Is there anything better in the same price range?

What’s an IRG?

IRG= inner ring groove its mostly for thumb grinds

For ten more dollars the proto/northstars are a great option. I don’t really have any thing I can compare it too that is within 25 dollars. However don’t miss out on the Popstar. Great throw to own. I’ve never thrown a hitman pro.

I have to agrea the pop star is a great yo-yo but it’s hard to land

The jk is in the same price range but is much more of a competitive yoyo.

True the jk is a great yoyo…its
The perfect yoyo to learn kwijibo on.

thanx, i am thinking about getting one but i thought it would be a rip off becuz of the price!!! i mite get it…

It really is awesome ;D if you’re not use to small throws (I mean REALLY small throws) then this will take some getting use to, but overall it’s great. It’s a little heavy, though that’s the only downfall

And it’s pretty unstable. Might make you rip your hair if you are a beginner.

Haha! It was the first yo-yo that I bought and it drove me crazy! Almost even made me quit. I gave it to my brother to use and got a Whip and later on I picked it up and it was amazing :slight_smile:

I got as I first started too, and I hated it. Today, because my throw is much better, it plays like a dumbed down Northstar.