Polyester Boot Camp

I think I’ve been spoiled by the specialty string to long. I was using so straight Polyester yesterday, and it was bad. Think I might need to train up a bit with some Polyester. Anybody else over do it with the special strings to much?

1 Like

I used nylon for a while because it was so soft, but it seemed to be more prone to axle knots, so I switched to a pretty soft bulk string (that I think is all polyester). So when I use some random bulk string that’s less soft, I don’t like it.

3 Likes

See whenever I use nylon i can’t have the bounce. I can only use a couple of threads. Never 100% nylon. Thats interesting though.

1 Like

I think Sochi Alphaline is the best poly string, but I haven’t tried any of the new kitty signature series. I’m hesitant to try them since I’ve heard that they werent much different than normal kitty strings.

I’m definitely spoiled though. I pretty much only play Nylon/Poly strings.

5 Likes

alphaline forever

4 Likes

I’ve been trying a lot of string lately. I have a 100 pack of Alphaline, and it’s really a good string for just about everything, especially when new.

I also like Markmont Nightmoves and Dragon. Zero bounce and incredibly easy to whip. It’s a bit harsh, but when you want a clean, fast string, I haven’t found anything better. Incidentally, thick Nightmoves on a RCS Author is awesome! I think it’s the perfect string to max spin time and control the light weight.

My newest string is Project 44 nylon/poly blend. I think it’s called Fat and Fat 2.0. Both are super soft, but so far have maintained their structure. Play like poly, but are soft and bouncy like nylon. I really like them and will probably order more at some point. Funny thing, I think they spray them with some kind of perfume or something. Bugged me at first, but I got used to it.

Just for clarification… are you saying you get more bounce with 100% nylon, or less?

I’ve been trying to find a bouncier type string just to try it. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I’ve only tried Bad Wolfe Co. in full nylon, and it’s pretty bouncy. For me, that’s one of the things I like about it. Interestingly, it stops bouncing rather abruptly at the end unlike poly which seems to continually diminish in bounce without reaching a hard stop. Hard to describe, but it certainly adds character to the experience. It’s super soft, too, so the whole experience is pretty plush. I also just picked up Project 44 nylon/poly blend, and it, too, is fairly bouncy. The biggest difference between the two is the P44 seems to have more weight and doesn’t ever feel like it hits a stop. Both are terrific strings, just different.

Complete opposite end of the spectrum is Markmont Dragon and Nightmoves. I really like both of them for their whippiness, but they have zero bounce. None.

1 Like

My experience with wooly nylon is that it is very stretchy and 100% nylon string is very, very bouncy and tends to be shorter (relative to the starting length) than poly or cotton. (Bonded nylon is a different situation and is more like fishing line.)

1 Like

To me, BadWolfe Co string isn’t too bouncy. It seems similar to good bulk poly string, but the feeling lasts a lot longer with nylon.

1 Like

I mean: to me, the bounce level in BWC poly string is similar to fresh YYSL type x.

Mazel Top string is a lot more bouncy, but I may not have stretched it aggressively enough. I really like Legit Yo-yo string, and it might have lasted as long as BadWolfe co, but I’ve only tried a single string that came with a yo-yo. I’ll probably try it again at some point, but I have a lot of string on hand at the moment. Zipline slushie strings are also similar in bounce, but I don’t get quite as much use as 100% nylon. However, I got a sampler of 3 types of ZIpline string that were all really good, long lasting strings: business class, executive class, and prestige. They’re all a little on the thick side, but really long lasting, good bounce, but not as bouncy as full nylon.

2 Likes

Poly for the win, these are 100% polyester and are the best playing strings ever…as a matter of fact, they are the only string i use :sweat_smile:

Made by one of my best friends @ENGLISH_TEA aka YoYoFox on IG.

4 Likes