Poll: Favorite String Centering/Nudging/Influencing/Urging/Pushing Bearing

Which is your favorite?

• CT
  • KK
  • V(Buddha whipple)
  • Double step/multi step(Pixel, 5-cut, DS)
  • Grooved(Crucial)
  • Wing(Terrapin)

0 voters

4 Likes

I don’t think people care that much about what type of centering bearing it is as long as it is centering. I know Gentry said the same thing in one of his latest interviews(“anything that centers the string” or something like that)

I would consider wing more of a flat bearing than a centering though, I just mentioned it to be thorough

In any case I think CT will win because it’s kind of the middle ground

4 Likes

Probably true. But for me, CT just isn’t centering enough.

YYR DS is my favorite centering/nudging bearing.

6 Likes

Yeah I prefer the full centering bearings but it doesn’t make too much of a difference to me. In 1a anyway.

I’m still sure I could tell the difference but Idk if I would be confident enough to bet a large sum of money in a blind test of CT vs KK.

I second @AaronW - YYR DS is the goat (haven’t tried plat/gold plated but the standards are killer)

5 Likes

I find the current voting results of this poll very satisfying since it aligns perfectly with my opinions on the matter :smirk:

(Keeping the string away from the sides is the critical bit, “perfect centering” is not necessary and probably feels worse.)

1 Like

Related: where can I find grooved bearings for cheap? Or at all?

1 Like

Grooved bearings 4 life! :grinning:

3 Likes

Check out Buddha ripples

2 Likes

I really like the G Squared grooved bearings, reasonably priced too.

2 Likes

Im probably the only one that likes the crucial bearings haha.

1 Like

Im gonna be honest the only one ive used is ct. The poll seems to go in order of commonality rather than performance

3 Likes

I try to buy at least 5 Boss Rage bearings from G2 whenever Jake restocks them. I can’t seem to ever have enough of them…

1 Like

Probably CT. I much prefer flat bearings though.

DS followed by the NSK Concave for me.

1 Like

CT is best.

1 Like

Play wise, I like them all equally, aside from grooved. My favorite are multi step because they look the coolest to me. I know it’s kind of silly since it will have a string hiding them most of the time.

2 Likes

Am I the only one that likes a good ole one drop flat bearing?

3 Likes

I’m a One Drop 10 ball fan.

4 Likes