Please help with Pop n' Fresh trick

I need some help with pop n’ fresh trick, I just can’t seem to get the pop smooth and fluent, every time I pop it when I move my hands back and forth with the non yoyo hand always moving under my yoyo hand, I always tangle up the strings. I am able to get into the position with the Mach 5 setup and then position it horizontal, does this first pop go straight up or angled? I have been practicing now for 2 days now. Appreciate all the help.

Both pops go straight up. First pop you need to hit the top string, the second pop you just need to uncross your hands.

Here’s what makes it MUCH easier though - do a couple of Barrel Rolls first, this will leave you with a smaller Split Bottom Mount and it’ll be much easier to hit it and get the feeling right.

1 Like

Pop n’ fresh feels really strange at first because you think you should be moving some of the strings out of the way or angling something somehow. The trick is to hit everything always. When your hand passes under the yoyo, it takes along every string it hits. When the yoyo lands, it lands on every string it can.

yeah what frodoslair said is right I find it easier though instead of barrel rolls to do a couple of mach 5 rotations but either one works. another thing I find helpful is to make sure you always have tension on the yoyo kinda like with eli hops it gives you a lot more control.

1 Like

YES!!! I finally landed this trick. Thanks guys for the advice, it really helped going into the barrel roll, and then got the feeling, then went into Mach 5. Again I appreciate the advice. Take it easy.