Plastic vs Metal?

Yes but which plastics or metals to get?

Actually jensen won worlds 2010 on a stock northstar. he was out to have fun and look at one of his new videos heā€™s doing combs on a wooden yoyo. insanity!

I agree. If the yoyo was designed properly, then itā€™s really up to the ability and mentality of the player.

I can have fun all day long with a Classic as easily as I can with some of my high-dollar throws. I think as a player, our mentality plays a big role. Since Iā€™m into this for fun and enjoyment, price is not a factor. Well it is, because if I canā€™t afford it, I canā€™t get it. Other than that, price is merely a number for the purposes of commerce and trade.

Since Iā€™m not competing, I donā€™t ā€œneedā€ a special yoyo. Iā€™m not going to knock for one second any competitive player who really needs to have a certain yoyo(regardless of cost) to play at the level they play at. They are at a level I will never achieve. And Iā€™m perfectly fine with that.

Off topic, but I hadnā€™t seen that vid before. You know why thatā€™s an awesome performance? Because the kid is absolutely beaming about the feedback heā€™s getting, and itā€™s influencing his performance. Itā€™s so much better and more fun to watch than he intended it to be. Youā€™re watching a great player discovering his own skill right there on stage.

This is so the reason why string hits and technicality are the philosophically the wrong way to go. Yoyoing is an art, and this video is proof of that.

Definitly. I do like plastic with metal rims though.

I really donā€™t care. Iā€™m not a competition player so if i can have fun with it, i really donā€™t care how much it cost or what itā€™s made of. iā€™ve been putting down my CLYW avalanche for a while to throw my new Yomega power spin. iā€™ve been having fun playing it and letting others throw it too.

Today I realized something. Yoyos are like pens. They can be made out of different materials, have different ink cartridges, some are more smooth than others, but everyone has a preference. Buying an expensive yoyo thinking it will make you better, is like buying an expensive pen and expecting to have better handwriting.

2 Likes

that is so signiture worthy!

Does anyone really think buying a more expensive yoyo will make them a better player? You always see this presumption, but I doubt many people are that simple-minded.

I donā€™t buy expensive yoyos because I think Iā€™ll magically be able to hit more tricks. The reason I pay so much is because I want the yoyo. Either I like the design, the rarity, or something else about it that makes it worth whatever price to me.

ā€¦but, I also wouldnā€™t go so far as to say material or construction has absolutely no effect on play. That is just as far to the other extreme, for me, and does not jive with my personal experience.

i could could spend a week with only a whip and ill be all set! its about the player, not the yoyo! unless your trying spirit bomb woth an imperialā€¦

Many people think this because thatā€™s how it is with everything else. You get what you pay for. A 70 inch HD tv is better than a dial tv with no remote. Yoyo is preference.

Omg!!! What new video?!?!

where have you been broski

You win.

Lolā€¦still wanna see it though