Pine Tar in Bearing for super responsive? (Funny yo-yo meme thread)

IMG_2566

:wink:

2 Likes

Why?

3 Likes

Might go fixed axle with that stuff

5 Likes

As a baseball player with a stick of pine tar, I can confirm that I am not trying this.

6 Likes

I’ll have to ask George Brett

1 Like

You’d essentially be making it a fixed axle yo-yo. If you want to do that just put a couple drops of CA glue in a cleaned bearing. That’ll lock it up and make it play fixed.

4 Likes

Vega’s right. I think your subconsciously crying out for a silver bullet or an imperial at least.

4 Likes

I like spinning too, for « walk the dog » mainly.

Why?
Mainly because I love the smell of the pine star in the early morning.

You can walk the dog with a fixed axle yoyo I promise. It’s an old trick it was around prior to bearings and such.

3 Likes

I’m sorry bc I’m about to be critical but I don’t think you understand how yo-yos work. Your reply that fixed axle yo-yos don’t spin shows that. This will slow the bearing so much that it will essentially be a fixed axle or will totally stop the bearing from spinning at all and will literally be a fixed axle.

If you’re having problems getting enough response out of your yo-yos, you can try a thick lubricant like the petroleum jelly, vaseline, in the bearing or thicker strings or softer response pads or a different material string. I like slick 6 or 100% cotton for responsive, non-looping play. Putting tar in the bearing is just ridiculous. I don’t know how else to put it. Good luck and I hope you can get your yo-yos playing the way you want but this just makes no sense.

3 Likes

I didn’t have any pine tar so I tried Maple syrup and was unhappy with the results. It must be too thin to really stick to the bearing.

5 Likes

Sorry,
I was kidding on that Pine Tar…

(I did even put a :wink: below the pic…
(Thought the Pine Tar was so extreme that everyone would understand it was a joke…)

I’m new,
but sure I know now I need to put thick lube in it. I thank again the community for all the precious info.

If u think this post is more confusing and harmful for this community , don’t hesitate to let me know and. I’ll delete it asap.

Kind Regards
Lee

5 Likes

Waouw !
Excellent !

I’m thinking of trying fine sand inside the bearing to slow it. Much better as per the champions .

4 Likes

I told a friend of mine I didn’t know what was funnier, the post or the responses. If someone is harmed by this they deserve it. Now, how do you get maple syrup out of a bearing? I’ve been trying pancakes but its not working.

4 Likes

Butter.

3 Likes

I just tried sand and maple syrup , it’s not the best.

Maybe putting simply a rock would do it ?

3 Likes

You’re new and I don’t know you so I thought you were serious. I get it now but I would maybe put the posts like this in the meme thread next time. I also assume everyone is sincere on the internet but that’s my bad.

To be honest, I’m just glad you were joking around! There have been some crazy posts in the past.

4 Likes

Great info ! (meme thread)

I tried to modify the thread group of my post, but it does not show that « meme thread »…

2 Likes

haha , just typed « butter on a ball bearing » in a image creating site, and it gave this …

3 Likes