PC gamers welcome! Let's get to know each other!

Running with a dual-core 3Ghz processor. 8 Gigs of RAM. With some ATI 5000 series graphics card.

Very low end these days, bought at a low student-budget some years back. Still runs all the games though.

Playing a lot of Dota 2, some TF2, a little bit of CS. I also play a lot of single-player games. My three most recent favorites are Deus Ex: HR, Alice: Madness Returns and Bioshock. Used to play a lot of Diablo 3, but Blizzard really disappointed me with that title.

Can be found on Steam under the name of Proxymate. You can freely join the yoyoexpert group on Steam and chat to me from there. Would be cool to play with some of you guys sometime.

Join the club :-[

My specs:

3.4 GHz 4 core Phenom II X4 Black Edition, same as Dean (yoyofoot), will overclock with an aftermarket cooler eventually
MSI 970A Mobo
EVGA GTX 550ti
8 gigs Corsair Vengeance RAM, need to fiddle with it, itā€™s only clocking at 1333 mhz, but I havenā€™t really needed it to be faster yet.
1 TB hdd
21.5" 1080p ASUS monitor

Mostly been playing CSGO, let me know if youā€™d like to play sometime, but I plan on playing DOTA 2 and Planetside 2 on commercial release.

Packing my build up right now to head to a LAN party.

Should be a good time.

Nice Iā€™ve done that few times itā€™s pretty boss. xD

i think the most impressive gaming rig ive seen so far is the one this guy uses in his youtube videoā€¦

i7 2600k 4.8 GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA 590GTX 3GB
24inch Samsung monitor
800GB HDD
200GB SSD

Ive never heard of a i7 quad core processor with a speed of 4.8ghz. That is nuts. No wonder why he can play bf3 on ultra. The graphics card can definitely take it because all he needed for ultra settings was a 560gtx. The ssd helps with the overall performanceā€¦im pretty impressed on this desktopā€™s specs.

PSHH, ONLY ONE 590

Srsly, though, an i7 at 4.8ghz is insane in the membrane, but Iā€™m pretty underwhelmed by that 590. Iā€™ve seen more powerful rigs.

1 Like

What s an affordable gaming laptop? I have never had one and donā€™t know any of the ā€œgood brandsā€.

ā€œGaming laptopā€ is a bit of an oxymoron, really, do you have to have a laptop? Iā€™d recommend building a desktop. That being said, I donā€™t know much about laptops (Iā€™m actually a big fan of macbooks, donā€™t hate) or at least top-of-the-line models. I can tell you that price to performance, laptops will be miles behind desktops.

Only recommendation I can give off the top of my head is the Doghouse Systems Mobius, Iā€™ve heard some great things about it.

1 Like

I also love mac but i donā€™t have enough room for a desktop so that is why I would want it to be a laptop.

Make room, itā€™ll be cheaper and better than a laptop, and I promise you that youā€™ll be glad you did.

1 Like

@mozart: id go with asus or msi for gaming laptop. If youā€™re thinking about getting into alienwareā€¦well just go build a desktop. I understand mobility and all but for power and maxing out games, id choose a desktop. I wouldnā€™t mind buying a $500-$800 gaming laptop or multimedia laptop that can game real well, but for brute power, id build a desktop.

Recently I bought a asus N53SV. It sports an intel i5 2410m (dual core thatā€™s hyperthreaded), nvidia geforce gt 540m w/1gddr3 vram, 8gb ram, 640gb hdd, 15.6" (1366x768 w/nvidia optimus technology) lcd and a 8 cell battery (up to 4hrs). I bought this on ebay for $500 and it will max out all the CoD games (except on BO2 I canā€™t run any shadows or fxaa). It can play bfe on low-medium settings with strong fps (if I drop the resolution to 1280x720, I can play medium-high at strong fps). I can play farcry 3 on medium-high.

Its not brutally strong, but it will let me enjoy games on the go. If I were to go for strenght, id do a desktop. Iā€™m on the search to find a laptop that will max out skyrim, farcry 3, and bf3. I am looking to spend $1500 or less. So, Iā€™ve seen asusā€™ and msiā€™s lineup and I like them better than alienware or origin or any of those others.

NEW FAAAAANS

I really want to reorganize a few of the wires but I also really donā€™t want to have to restartā€¦

2 Likes

Got around to putting in my intake fans.

[Yay webcamsā€¦]

Also PlanetSide 2.

1 Like

My bro has an Alienware m15x,
Not sure about the specsā€¦

Cool.

Yeah, after 4 years, it still runs really well.

Alienware laptops look so cool. I wish they were more affordable.

Yeah, that would be nice :smiley:

Iā€™m a laptop gamer. The one thing I can tell you is to NOT get a latitude D620. Wonderful computer for everything but gaming.