PayPal holding payment until it’s marked shipped?!? This happened to anyone else?

Just made a bst sale, but PayPal has put a hold on releasing funds. Buyer contacted PayPal who stated that once it’s marked as shipped the funds will be released. Anyone have any experience with this? Never had this issue before.

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

That is very strange. I’ve been selling stuff online using paypal for 10+ years and not once have I had this happen to me.

3 Likes

Only time I’ve seen this is when I mistyped the email address once. Buyer checked and said this wasn’t it. There was one uppercase letter used, but PayPal said this probably wasn’t the issue. If this wasn’t an international purchase from a fairly new forum member I wouldn’t be sketched.

4 Likes

Is there a place to put a tracking number on PayPal? You could print the label at home, get the tracking number for it, see if the funds release, and then actually ship it if everything is copacetic.

2 Likes

There is definitely a place to update shipping information; I usually try to do it for all my payments as the notification bothers me.

1 Like

But have you ever had a payment held until you updated the shipping info?

4 Likes

Never! That’s really weird to me.

2 Likes

This has happened to me as a buyer before - it was an international shipment and he couldn’t receive payment until, I the buyer, marked the packaged as received.

This has only happened with international

4 Likes

This happens to me a lot with ebay sales. Transactions over $100 are held until tracking shows “delivered”.

3 Likes