Pay It Forward TiDream

Hi @Roman_Soup, what’s going on? September has come and passed.

On Tuesday 10/11 it will be:

• 6 weeks since you said you shipped it a week ago
  • ~4 weeks since you told @YoYoBeast7373 it was being returned to you and that you would overnight it when you got it
  • ~2.5 weeks since you told them on 9/22 you got it back and were shipping it out that day (again).

It would’ve arrived by now even if you didn’t overnight it. Where’s the TiDream?

1 Like

2 pay it forward yoyos stolen? Imagine…

5 Likes

Not a good sign… i hope this resolves better then the inception. @Roman_Soup please help us out.

4 Likes

Same… Very unfortunate

3 Likes

Let’s not be too quick to call it unfortunate… the package was returned to him and he hasn’t gone missing.

2 Likes

I’m not saying unfortunate meaning it has been stolen… It’s unfortunate how long its been

3 Likes

It’s such a bummer to see these Pay It Forward threads go sour when someone pulls a “long term borrow without permission” and then ghosts everyone. Thought our lil community was better than that.

I think it’d be best moving forward to just simply state: “Unfortunately, due to previous Pay It Forward Threads going south, if your job or general life situation is one that could possibly prevent you from shipping this out in a reasonable amount of time, (i.e. you’re on the road a lot, you would have to rely on someone else shipping out for you, or you’re just a straight up lazy person/bad at communication) be honest with yourself and DO NOT offer to take it.” AND be a member for a year, and have at least one positive feedback. :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Come on @Roman_Soup… it’s unfortunate but due to the amount of time that has passed, any excuses aren’t even worth it/believable at this point. Just ship it out and apologize for the unreasonable amount of time you’ve had it, so everyone can move on.

6 Likes

Ironically enough, I actually did almost add eligibility restrictions on who could participate in this one since it’s a titanium but decided to keep the pool of potential participants as wide as possible.

6 Likes

Just want to bump this for Isaac, as I haven’t seen any activity from @Roman_Soup so I’m hoping they are okay and nothing major has happened.

1 Like

Hopefully, all is well. Roman Soup seemed to have genuinely good intentions. The amount of time the Yo-Yo has been MIA though is definitely saddening and leads to those intentions being questioned.

3 Likes

I’m curious … the previous person has the name and address of the individual in question whenever this happens. What’s to stop the owner from taking that information and filing a police report? If this can be done online, it takes a few minutes.

2 Likes

Agreed! Im late to this one but its bringing back Inception memories. I agree a police report should be filed. Even if they can’t do anything about it, at least there is some record of it and, at the very least, might “wake up” the person and get them to send it back. It’s a long shot for sure but it worked when we all jumped on youtube to get in touch about the Inception.

2 Likes

Wondering if anyone has any way to contact @Roman_Soup outside of the forums? Would be nice if as a community we could nudge him in the right direction.

5 Likes

I have their name and address and have been mulling over sending a letter since that’s the only method I have to contact them at this point.

4 Likes

Please try not to muddy up the thread with double posts or things that can be kept to PMs. I literally just posted the link to a run down of what he did in the reply above yours. Here it is again (this is a link - you can click it).

1 Like

@jhb8426 @vegabomb @AndreBoulay

6 Likes

@Jayjo866 this man is unhinged. Ban him now.

2 Likes

Well this is rediculous.

He and oldskooplyr are both banned. The latter was a second account he made.

9 Likes

…. Both those accounts were him? Actually unhinged and scary

Oh after looking at the history, he tried to make another account so he could sell a yo-yo without his previous rep effecting it

3 Likes