Pay It Forward: Rebellion Qilin

Yeah I was so impressed! I have to get one now

1 Like

Well, my month with the Qilin is nearly up so itā€™s time to send it along to the next lucky player!

Here are the rules so you donā€™t have to scroll up the thread:

Iā€™ll send the Qilin to the next person to post ā€œIā€™ll take itā€ here in this thread! (DMs donā€™t count, itā€™s gotta be posted in the thread to keep everything fair.) Contiguous 48 U.S. states only please.

HOWEVER, by accepting the yoyo, you are only allowed to keep it for about a month and then will be responsible for posting a post similar to this one, in this thread, and also for shipping the Qilin on to itā€™s next destination.

So letā€™s get the next stage of the Quilinā€™s travel rolling! An eternal curse on the player who breaks the chain!

Cotton

2 Likes

Noooooo!!! U.S only ?!? :pleading_face::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Iā€™ll take it!

1 Like

Dammit! Missed out.

Been on the hunt for a Qilin and I barely missed out :sob:

maybe next month.

Or maybe Iā€™ll just find one :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Got the package in the mail today, thanks Cotton! Looking forward to spending some quality time in the park tomorrow with these two beauties.

Ivan

6 Likes

At first I wasnā€™t a huge fan of the Qilin, it took me a bit to warm up to it. But itā€™s smooth and does fingerspins nicely with a little noodle-fingering! Itā€™s a bit too V-shaped for me, Iā€™ve found I prefer more of an H shape in general. But after getting some time in on it I enjoyed itā€™s play quite a bit.

And as for the Knockout? Well, I liked it so much that I ordered one for me very own. :slight_smile:

But enough of the frivolities, hereā€™s the part that everyoneā€™s been waiting for!

The first person to post ā€œIā€™ll take itā€ HERE IN THIS THREAD (DMs donā€™t count) will receive this excellent Rebellion Qilin and itā€™s faithful brawler companion the Knockout in the mail! Contiguous U.S. states only please.
THE CATCH IS, you may only keep the pair of yoyos for up to a month, after which you must post a post similar to this one in this thread, offering up the yoyo to the next person to say ā€œIā€™ll take itā€, and cover the cost of shipping the yoyos to their next recipient.

So let the game continue, and a curse on the player who breaks the chain!

Ivan

6 Likes

The knockout is so good

1 Like

I know right! Iā€™m not sure why either. Itā€™s not very smooth, itā€™s not the shape that I usually like, itā€™s a little challenging on the fingerspin and thumb grind and scratches up my thumbnail to boot, but itā€™s just got this fun vibe (pun intended) that leads to me reaching for it more often than I think is warranted. I just like it for no reason.

Ivan

1 Like

yeah Idk what it is either. Just feels very nice on the stringā€¦ I wonder if something happened to the one in this thread. When I had the red knockout it was very smooth.

2 Likes

Yes, I gotta correct myself. The one with the Qilin is very smooth with just a hint of vibe, the one that I ordered has a definite fingernail vibe that is also detectable on grinds, but it doesnā€™t detract from how fun the throw is to play for some reason. Itā€™s like it feels alive or something.

From what Iā€™ve seen in threads and YT vids, the KO is somewhat inconsistent in the amount of vibe from one yoyo to the next so some have more than others, itā€™s the luck of the draw.

Ivan

2 Likes

Well, the QC has to take a hit when theyā€™re selling the KO at only $50, and itā€™s a bimetal which makes it one of the cheapest bimetals on the market. Surprisingly cheap for a signature yoyo.

2 Likes

I agree! I didnā€™t mean to sound like I was complaining, just pointing out that a variance in the amount of vibe seems to be the norm for this model. I have other, smoother throws but the KO is the one Iā€™ve been reaching for as a carry piece or practicing tricks in my room. Itā€™s fun but with a challenging edge that makes me feel accomplished when I get a new trick down on it.

Lots of personality in this throw. And for fifty bucks at that!

Ivan

2 Likes

This pair of throws is still available folks, nobodyā€™s claimed the next place in the game yet!

Hereā€™s a repeat of the rules so you donā€™t have to scroll up:

The next person to say ā€œIā€™ll take itā€ HERE IN THIS THREAD (DMā€™s donā€™t count) will be the next to receive this smooth and powerful Rebellion Qilin and itā€™s faithful and rowdy companion, the YYF K.O.!

Contiguous U.S. states only please!

BUT HEREā€™S THE CATCH: You may only keep the yoyos for about a month. After that you will be responsible for posting another post in this thread similar to this one, and covering the shipping cost to send the yoyos to the next lucky recipient.

So post below and be the next destination for this traveling duo! Eternal knuckle-busting snags to the player who breaks the chain!

Ivan

If no one claims it, maybe @jeduardo can send it to one of his clubs or throwers that heā€™s helping.

Bumpity bump! Who wants to spend Christmas with these beauties?

Ivan

Ya canā€™t tell me that nobody wants to try out some sick throws and sample some new strings here! This is still available!

Ivan

1 Like

Iā€™ll take this one also! :joy: Save some shipping why not.

3 Likes

You got 'em, DM sent! Iā€™ll still send them in separate boxes as oneā€™s a two-week turnaround and the otherā€™s a one-month so you might want to send them out separately when the time comes.

Ivan

2 Likes

Props to @craZivn for packaging ingenuity! Everything arrived today safe and sound.

Unfortunately, on my second throw one of the pads pulled away from the Qilin. Iā€™ll pop in the Mowl pads that were in the box though and give these two a good chunk of the coming month. Looking forward to it!

5 Likes