Pay it forward JT Mirage

I made a new yoyo case and threw all the extra foam in the box to pad that bad boy! It was a lot of foam. Haha.

2 Likes

Thought I would check in on this thread @craZivn

I’m enjoying the Mirage, all’s well! I’ll write a more detailed report in a couple days here, about to start work right now.

Ivan

1 Like

Crap, I just checked the OP and saw it was on a two-week schedule and not a month! I’m so sorry, I’ll get it boxed up as soon as I get home! Who’s next in the que?

Ivan

It looks like you’re last on the list so you can keep it for a little extra time if you want to before you send it back to me. @craZivn

1 Like

Thank you so much, and again I apologize for the oversight! If it’s alright I’d like to keep it over the weekend and send it back early next week? If not let me know and I’ll have it out on Friday.

Ivan

1 Like

That works

1 Like

Got the mirage back today and really surprised by the form factor packaging. Props to whoever added the foam inserts. I hope everyone had fun throwing it and if anyone has recommendations for the next pay it forward let me know.

2 Likes

I went a little overboard with the foam. I was pulling foam for a new display case and I hate throwing it away. I like to save the cubes for shipping. It’s like a little foam pit for yoyos.

3 Likes

So it’s been a bit but I want to share my thoughts on the Mirage!
Overall it’s about par for the course for a premium yoyo. Nice power, excellent grind finish, I like H shapes in general so this was right up my alley.
Like all premium yoyos, the Mirage has capabilities far beyond my casual skill level so I cannot comment on it’s performance limits. The fit and finish provides no surprises for a top-tier yoyo, but it provides no disappointments either. The $80 price tag fits.

The one feature that really stood out to me was the fingerspin groove. It’s not a lipped cup like the Shutter, and not a truncated inverted cone like my EDC Null. You can see it in the pics, it’s basically a schmoove ring but on the outside of the yoyo instead of the inside. I can’t prove it but I’d swear the fingerspins are longer than usual on this throw and I’m guessing it’s at least partially due to this groove which minimizes the fingertip contact area to two ridges. It also keeps my fingertip away from the cup engraving. Maybe I’m an idiot, who knows. But I calls it as I sees it.

In summary, I see the Mirage as a solid top-tier yoyo with a special party trick in the form of the external schmoove ring! Thank you @yoyojoe for the opportunity to try out this masterpiece!

Here are a couple pics and a short vid.

Ivan

2 Likes

Can I get on the list for this one?

That groove isn’t for fingerspins. It’s just removing the dead weight between the response groove and outer wall.

Just a random CAD cross section but notice how much space there is between the response groove and the wall of the yoyo past the response bump. That’s what that groove on the Mirage is for.

I see, makes sense. But I WANT it to be a brilliant design feature rather than a lucky coincidence, because it makes fingerspins so much easier!

Ivan

Is this still a pay it forward? Ive been wanting to try a japan tech throw.

It made it back to me but I’ve been thinking about starting a new one for a different JT throw.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.