Pay It Forward Inception

Sadley my time with the Inception has come to an end. I’ve really enjoyed the two weeks I had with it. I love how stable it is and how much power and spin time it has. Truly thankful to be a part of Pay It Forward Inception and excited for the next person in line to give it a throw. I believe @NitroBobby916 is next to get this; is that correct? If so, please pm your address and I’ll get it shipped out tomorrow for you. Thank you @Theycallmecotton for starting this Pay It Forward and giving all of us an opportunity to throw such a great yoyo. I hope the next person enjoys this as much as I did.

7 Likes

So I actually think it is up to @craZivn as I believe and feel free to correct me if I’m wrong @NitroBobby916 purchased an unknown edition recently and said they were okay being skipped

Additionally the gold and silver inception is on its way back home

3 Likes

this is correct. i have withdrawn my name from this rotation as I do now own an Unknown Edition Inception.

kgb

4 Likes

@craZivn please PM your address and I’ll get this shipped out to you. thx

2 Likes

Package is headed to @craZivn. Tracking# shared in DMs. I threw in some yellow OT normal and gold Mowl string for anyone to use. Enjoy the throw!

6 Likes

Sweeeéet!

Ivan

3 Likes

Just a quick update, the package has landed!

She’s definitely seen some action since her last visit, just had time to unpack and snap a photo this morning before heading to work. Can’t wait to get home and get a little throw time in!

Ivan

12 Likes

Got some throw time in!

It was interesting to revisit the Inception after some months of experience, and I compared it specifically to my current EDC (Topyo Null) and also to my YYF Alta which I recently acquired off the BST here.

I wanted to compare it to the Alta due to the superficial resemblance, but that proved to be only skin deep. The two yoyos play nothing alike! They’re both good but definitely two totally different flavors.

I think last time I had the Inception I was of the opinion that it played on the heavy side for me. My tastes must have changed a bit, because I didn’t feel that way when throwing it this time around although I still would class it on the more “powerful” rather than “floaty” side. Comparing it to my EDC Null, it felt similar on the string (weight-wise) but retained considerably more spin energy. I like that.

I do still have the reservation that I had last time around: This yoyo is business. If I was a competitive player with a routine planned out, or even a more skilled player, I feel that this throw would SLAY. As it is I play on the lazy side and don’t really plan what I’m going to do next beyond elements or basic combos. Maybe that’s why I tend a little more towards float than power: It’s easier to let the yoyo hang between elements and then get it moving again if it’s floaty.

It’s the same reason I sold my WRX and drive a 65-HP Jeep now: My version of fun is slow, spontaneous and lazy. High-end refinement, competitive prowess and power is wasted on me. :grin:

But despite the fact that this baby has picked up some battle scars since last we met, and has gone from dead-smooth to a little fingernail vibe, it still oozes quality and control. I’m hoping to get time to compare it head-to-head with my Speedaholic Max (which is also way beyond my skill level) before my time is up.

On that note, I’m slightly confused as to where we’re at with the rules. Am I to post the usual post, offering it up to the next taker, or am I the end of the line and should send it back to @Theycallmecotton ? I know with the other Inception it was to be returned to it’s owner after I was done, but that one was sent back early after this one returned to circulation. I just need to know how to proceed with this one.

Thanks again to @FewandFarBetween and @Theycallmecotton for the chance to try out this piece of art again!

Ivan

10 Likes

Well it’s time to say goodbye and send the Inception along to the next person. Here’s the rules:

The next person to say “I’ll take it” here in this thread will receive this Inception from Few and Far Between in the mail! (Contiguous US only please!)

Here’s the catch: In two weeks (give or take a few days) your time with the Inception will be up and you must make a post similar to this one, in this thread, offering up the yoyo to the next person to say “I’ll take it”. You will then be responsible for shipping the yoyo to that person.

So the game’s afoot once more!

Ivan

6 Likes

I’ll take it!

Edit: It should be here by the 27th!

7 Likes

The yoyo arrived last night. Can’t wait to give it some use!

4 Likes

So my 12-year-old and I have been putting this throw through its paces and he’s WAY better with it than I am. I feel like this yoyo wants me to stomp on the gas, but I’m a much more laid-back player. I’m amazed at how long this thing spins, and it certainly has a solid feel to it compared to other yoyos I’ve played with.

For the rest of my time with it I’m leaving it to my kid to “wow” me with :smiley:

Once it comes time to pass it on, I’ll put some Lo-Fi “Throw” stickers into the box and some Throw-Yo Prototype 1 strings.

5 Likes

Well it’s just about time to say goodbye and send the Inception along to the next person. Here’s the rules:

The next person to say “I’ll take it” here in this thread will receive this Inception from Few and Far Between in the mail! (Contiguous US only please!)

Here’s the catch: In two weeks (give or take a few days) your time with the Inception will be up and you must make a post similar to this one, in this thread, offering up the yoyo to the next person to say “I’ll take it”. You will then be responsible for shipping the yoyo to that person.

Rob

5 Likes

I’ll take it!

2 Likes

its great to see this is back on track. it got derailed for a bit…

it really is a remarkable throw. i love mine.

enjoy the throw my friends.
kgb

4 Likes

Package received everyone!

Ill be honest i could tell on throw number one…imma need one of these to keep asap :sweat_smile: this thing is AMAZING!

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Well it’s just about time to say goodbye and send the Inception along to the next person. Here’s the rules:

I’m excited to be apart of this, thanks everyone!

-Cisco

4 Likes

So anyone who says “I’ll take it” will be able to use the yoyo for 2 weeks if they’re willing to ship it to the next person?

In that case I’ll take it.

3 Likes

YOU GOT IT!! Shoot me a dm with your address and info :smile: @MarioMaker17