Paul Escolar Edition Freehand One by Duncan!

Re-introducing the Paul Escolar edition Freehand ONE.

Modern yoyo has forever been touched and shaped by the genius that is Paul’s tricks and innovation. Kamikaze, Green Triangle, White Buddha, Magic Drop, Suicide Catch, and the list could go on… we owe Paul a great deal for many of our foundations in mounts, tech, and flow.

Though Paul has left this world, Duncan felt it was important to honor this legend and worked with his family to recreate his special colorway originally released on the Freehand Zero. A portion of Duncan’s sale goes to Paul’s family in his honor.

Releasing Thursday, 4/28 @ 8PM EDT.

30 Likes

Legend edition, so glad these are seeing a new release.

12 Likes

This is unreal! Hard to believe this color-way is being rereleased.

6 Likes

I dont need another free hand but i cant pass this one up

4 Likes

5 Likes

This was inevitable…and oh so right.

5 Likes

Are there plenty like the unknown ones or do I have to wake up at an ungodly hour to get this?

We got a lot of them, should be plenty to go around!

14 Likes

Can’t wait. Hoping Danny gets a special edition too @bjardin :pray:t2:

11 Likes

Amen to that

1 Like

What does “AVKHY” mean? It’s in small text after Duncan®️ on the caps.

1 Like

I got one along with an elevation for free shipping

3 Likes

It’s the batch ID that the product was produced in. I think it’s something related to regulations Duncan has to follow as a toy company in the US.

7 Likes

Although the why was not fully understood, everybody recognized it: “Undeniably, Steve Brown Reigned Supreme!”

Unfortunately 20 years later, I highly doubt Duncan will be celebrating him as a Freehand Legend for which the FH1 has become synonymous to.

Cheers to Steve Brown 20 years later. No big surprise FH1 has become as one of the most iconic series in the Duncan line.

2 Likes

I really don’t want to polarize this thread with another Duncan and Steve situation.

Steve is a friend, and always aware of any freehand releases. Both party are mutual now, and I’m having fun with at least a month catch up with him.

Steve will always be a legend, and known as the Freehand creator.

Let’s also give credits to the people involved on this new FH1 development. While there’s a Freehand name in it, Duncan’s team spent hundreds of hours to make this a better version, pretty much the entire Freehand line.

——
I hope everyone is excited with the Paul Escolar edition. :blush: I know Steve will want that too.

23 Likes

FWIW Bryan already announced a Steve Brown edition on 4/20/22 on Facebook.

7 Likes

@bjardin @YoYoExpertGarrett Will there be additional units available of the Paul Escolar edition restocked?

2 Likes

Unfortunately all the special editions are one and done. What you see online is pretty much it. Duncan keeps about 30+ for family and friends or just whatever random release we can do.

7 Likes

Thanks for always being a class act Bryan. Your definitely one of the cool kids the paul caps are talking about. :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like