P40 Warhawk Question

I am thinking about going on the hunt for a P40 Warhawk. I was wondering if there are any differences between the prototype run and the production run of these yoyos?

2 Likes

The shape of the proto is very different. Way more sharp. No clue how the proto plays. Have only the release
Check YouTube videos they often talk about the difference.

2 Likes

Gap width is slightly different as well. Can’t remember exactly. As mentioned above, a review video might be helpful. I seem to remember that Dylan Kowalski mentioned changes in is production run review.

1 Like

I just found and watched his videos. I watched yours as well. All were very informative and well done.

Sounds like it is a fantastic yoyo.

I think finding a P40 is not going to be easy.

2 Likes

How much did the P40s cost when they dropped?

1 Like

Thanks for checking mine out. I didn’t get a proto before the production run so I don’t think I did much comparison, if any. It was awhile back, so I don’t really remember.

At any rate, the P40 is still in my top 5. It’s legit. Pretty sure retail was right about $70 for those. Folks who did predorders got an even better deal (about $50 or $55 of I recall). I’ve seen a few on BSTs since drop and they have sat about $60ish… I think. Haven’t seen a ton, but they do come up.

1 Like

Warhawk is amazing. It’s tied with the Akita for my absolute favorite throw. I have the proto as well and it’s a totally different beast. It’s Way more aggressive, in shape and play. It’s more powerful, sharper and less comfortable in the hand, and faster. I wouldn’t say it’s enjoyable to play. The production Warhawk is comfortable, controllable, stable, powerful, basically everything you could want in a yoyo, imo.

5 Likes

The protos have rings that are a gram heavier

1 Like