Overdrive Draupnir - 2 new colors!

Depends how wide you like your yo-yos. The YYR and C3 stuff tends to be on the narrow side (so is the Hummingbird). The Grasshopper GTX is great and not quite as narrow, but is still a tiny bit narrow for modern comp stuff at around 44.5mm. All the new Duncan bimetals are supposed to be good.

The Meerkat just came out and retails for 75$, the Marco is 60$. I’ve seen tons of people competing with the BiND lately. Other people have suggested the Dominator and I’m sure it’s great but has a slightly less streamlined shape than some of this other stuff. People that aren’t me love the SF bimetals but I doubt they’re in stock anywhere.

I’d also say if you’re looking for the #bimetalexperience, you’re better off sticking with the V-ish shapes, and then it’s just a matter of whether you’re looking for a Japanese design philosophy or a Western approach. For the former go C3 or YYR, for the latter Duncan or YYF.

I personally recommend the Bimetal Shutter. It’s still a highly streamlined shape and was designed in Japan for YYF and isn’t narrow like a lot of Japanese bimetals are.

Edit:

I’d also like to add that a 180$ bimetal will likely feel more premium than a 75$ bimetal, but it won’t feel 105$ better.

3 Likes